Chapter 13: Magic Meditation and the Unbent Spoon

Three days later, without any surprises, Dudley claimed the title of champion in the Junior Math Olympiad, with Hermione securing second place. The remaining academic elites at Oxford Dragon Elementary School didn't even make it to the top ten.

At the moment when the results were announced, they once again recalled the fear of being dominated by Dudley.

Too weak; beating up kids was just too unchallenging.

Staring at the reward notification on the system, Dudley fell into silence.

"First intimate encounter with a little witch, reward: one lottery draw."

This was the reward given after the encounter with Hermione in the classroom. Like the one for helping Harry decorate his little house, Dudley hadn't used it.

Deeply believing in mysticism, Dudley thought that his luck wasn't good during that period, so he kept it.

Today was a self-declared auspicious day for Dudley. After the usual bathing and changing clothes, Dudley rubbed his hands together and initiated the lottery.

"I have a feeling that my luck is quite good today. It's time for a draw."

The moment of destiny had arrived.

"Let's draw a natural-born mage."

With such anticipation, Dudley pressed the button on the slot machine, starting with the draw for items.

Almost the moment he started the draw, the result appeared.

A silver spoon appeared in Dudley's hand.

"Congratulations on winning the item 'Unbent Spoon.'"

No explanations, no descriptions, it just looked like an ordinary spoon.

Dudley stared at the spoon, and in the smooth surface's reflection, it seemed like the spoon was also staring at him.

The lottery process was extremely perfunctory, to the point that it didn't even show any visuals. As a result, Dudley had no idea what this thing was.

"I'll figure it out later." With this thought, Dudley carefully tucked the spoon into his pocket.

What if it turned out to be something good?

The first draw wasn't very impressive, following the law of luck conservation; the second draw would definitely yield better results.

So, Dudley initiated the draw again.

Whether it was Dudley's illusion or not, he felt that this time the slot machine was spinning exceptionally slowly.

After an unknown amount of time passed, the slot machine gradually slowed down.

On the screen, a red and white giant mecha gradually appeared.

A work that could be called a childhood memory—the Light Warrior (Magic King).

(Lightbringer (グランゾート) is a machine that appears in the Japanese animation " Magic King ".)

" Domoxalamo? Harry, haha, ha, ya, carrot, Grigri?"

(These words come from Grigri, the little rabbit of the long-eared tribe~ the Light Warrior)

Two spells immediately surfaced in Dudley's mind.

In this work, the Light Warrior actually involved magic. For example, the old lady in the protagonist team, her true identity was V-Mei, one of the three great wizards of the Long-Eared Tribe. Although she often suffered setbacks in the plot, her setting was very powerful.