Chapter 29: Vernon: Hope the exchange rate isn't too high

"Didn't expect this scarf to suit you quite well."

Hermione walked up, looking at the scarf around Dudley's neck, her face slightly blushing.

"I really like the gift," Dudley said, touching the scarf gently.

Behind the two, Harry, hearing their conversation, suddenly realized that the girl was the one he had seen in the classroom. His gossip spirit ignited instantly.

Eat Melon Eat Melon

Just watching, not getting involved.

"Didn't expect you were a student there too. I thought it would be boring without you around."

The once arrogant little hen now sounded like a little quail, speaking softly.

Petunia and Mrs. Granger followed behind the two, chatting quietly. As for Vernon and Mr. Granger, they were already discussing when they could go fishing again.

"Gentlemen and ladies, don't forget we have important business to attend to. I believe it's time to go," Professor McGonagall interrupted as the group chatted endlessly.

Everyone apologized to Professor McGonagall, realizing that both families had a young wizard now. They congratulated each other on the newfound magical connection.

"No problem. Since you all know each other, it makes things much easier," Professor McGonagall said, not being a rigid person. If there was already a connection between the families, it would make the introduction to the wizarding world smoother.

With the people recruited, it was time to head to the magical world. The destination this time was a pub, the entrance to the magical Diagon Alley.

Of course, they took the car because, in the vicinity of St. John's Wood, there were no wizards around. The wizard named Johnson, mentioned by Professor McGonagall, had moved away five years ago.

Parking the car, the group arrived in front of a dirty, narrow pub on the streets of London.

"Oh, this pub looks really vintage."

Vernon frowned at the shabby sign. Even if he were offered free drinks, he wouldn't step inside such a run-down place.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger also frowned at the sight.

Only Petunia was interested, peering through the dim glass from the outside. Perhaps due to the lack of cleaning, she couldn't see the inside clearly.

Professor McGonagall had already anticipated this situation. She took out her wand and waved it in front of them.

"Huh?" Vernon touched his forehead.

That inexplicable resistance to entering the place disappeared.

"This place is enchanted. Most Muggles can't see it, and even if they see it, their minds reject entering," Professor McGonagall explained simply.

The Muggle-Repelling Charm could repel Muggles, preventing ordinary people from entering a magical location.

"Before Lily and I married, she mentioned this place. I didn't expect the Leaky Cauldron to be here."

Penny's exclamation made Professor McGonagall glance at her.

With the clear sound of a bell, the dirty door slowly swung open.

As they entered the pub, the noisy chatter suddenly stopped, and when they saw Professor McGonagall, they all cast friendly glances.

"Professor McGonagall, hello. Is this year's Hogwarts student?"