Chapter 41: Unfortunately Offending a Malfoy

A cold-faced Slytherin rose from the other end of the long table, addressing the first-year newcomers with an unquestionable command. Dudley learned from other young wizards' introductions that this person was the current prefect of Slytherin.

In Hogwarts, the heads of the four houses selected an outstanding student from their respective houses starting from the fifth year, appointing them as prefects until graduation. Prefects were responsible for guiding new students, managing daily affairs within their year, and, of course, deducting points from their own house, similar to a combination of counselors and class monitors.

And this person was the prefect for the fifth year.

When the prefect of their own house gave an order, the first-year wizards naturally dared not disobey. Even Draco Malfoy, who always boasted about his father, followed quietly behind.

During the procession, a little incident occurred. A Slytherin wizard, passing by Dudley, deliberately bumped his shoulder with some pitiful force. However, his feeble attempt had no impact on Dudley, and due to the mutual force, the Slytherin wizard himself stumbled to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Dudley lifted him up and patted the dust off him. "Pay attention when walking."

After speaking, Dudley, without looking back, followed the rest of the group. It was his first time at Hogwarts, and more importantly, his first time in Slytherin. He needed to memorize the route; getting lost would be embarrassing.

"Fawley, you really embarrassed yourself."

"Why show mercy? He offended a Malfoy."

Once Dudley walked away, other Slytherin wizards immediately gathered, chattering away quietly. Originally, they intended to let the newcomer experience a bit of their authority, considering he was the strongest besides Dudley within the first three years.

However, their attempt failed, and they ended up on the ground themselves.

They unanimously believed that Fawley had shown mercy.

Fawley didn't say a word; he just silently watched the spot where Dudley had left, rubbing his still-aching shoulder.

Only he knew that he hadn't held back at all. He had used all his strength just now; otherwise, he wouldn't be in pain.

"It feels like I hit a steel plate."

"If only this physique could play Quidditch."

Shaking his head, Fawley dispelled the thought from his mind.

Unfortunately, he had offended a Malfoy.

The Malfoy family held considerable influence in the wizarding world, belonging to the elite of the upper-class wizarding society. Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, not only had a say in the Ministry of Magic, could join the ranks of ministry officials at any time, but was also one of the directors of Hogwarts. Most importantly, he was very wealthy—extremely wealthy.

At one point, he was even considered the wealthiest Malfoy.

Offending him was equivalent to offending the aristocracy. In Slytherin, for a common wizard to offend someone of high status was akin to offending everyone.

As the Sorting Hat had said, Slytherin's culture had completely decayed.

Slytherin's common room was located beneath Hogwarts Castle, in the dungeons. To be honest, the location was quite terrible.

Cold and damp were the hallmarks of this place. The humidity in the dungeon was heavy, and long-term residence in such an environment could have a significant impact on physical development. It could lead to poor skin condition, not to mention the increased likelihood of eczema and, in more severe cases, rheumatoid arthritis.