Chapter 12: I'm not called Hey

St. George's Elementary School

It's the familiar school again, the familiar lunch break. Dudley lazily sprawls across the second-to-last row of seats by the window in the classroom, soaking in the sun. As usual, Harry has gone to buy him bread since baguettes are Dudley's favorite snack.

He pulls out a bottle of light blue liquid from his pocket. This is the potion Dudley brewed yesterday, a potion called "Mild Magic Boost Elixir." It's a basic version of a magic-boosting potion, claimed to slightly enhance magical power with prolonged consumption.

Although it's considered basic, the difficulty is not small. Dudley hasn't had a good night's sleep for many days to successfully brew this potion.

After downing it, Dudley smacks his lips.

The taste is weird, bitter, and not very drinkable.

This is one of the few potions Dudley can brew now. After all, being unable to access the magical world makes it difficult to obtain many ingredients.

Not all potion ingredients can only be obtained in the magical world. For example, the recipe for the Glittering Potion includes: chopped chamomile roots, peeled wrinkled figs, thinly sliced caterpillars, a drop of mouse bile, and a bit of leech juice.

Even Muggles can obtain these ingredients; it's just that there are no corresponding steps and methods for ingestion. Muggles can't brew potions, that's all.

Mild Magic Boost Elixir is also one of the few potions that don't require magical creatures (plants). Its main ingredient is a plant called "Fish mint," juiced.

By the way, Mild Magic Boost Elixir and Magic Boost Elixir, despite the slight difference in names, are two different potions. Do not confuse them.

Suppressing the urge to gag, Dudley takes several big gulps of water.

Simultaneously, he silently swears to himself that he must improve the taste of the potions in the future. Clearly, each ingredient is fine on its own, but when mixed together, it produces such a terrible taste.

Not long after finishing, Dudley starts to doze off. This is one of the side effects of Mild Magic Boost Elixir.

"I heard we're getting an exchange student in our class this week."

In a daze, Dudley hears someone saying this.

The speaker is a freckled boy sitting not far from Dudley.

"Exchange student? In our class?"

The one responding is a girl with two braids, looking visibly surprised.

Exchange students, except for international situations, generally only interact between private schools unless they are exceptionally outstanding, like Dudley.

St. George's Elementary School is one of those public schools that is neither good nor bad. In recent years, because of someone who frequently wins awards, its reputation has improved, and the admission rate has also increased.

Even so, there wouldn't be exchange students choosing their school unless there were special circumstances.

"Which school is the exchange student from?" the braided girl asks.

The freckled boy answers, "I heard it's from Oxford Dragon Elementary School."

As soon as the words "Oxford Dragon Elementary School" are mentioned, he noticeably lowers his voice, as if afraid others might hear. At the same time, he unconsciously glances at Dudley's position, finding that Dudley is still sprawled on the table, and then breathes a sigh of relief.