Chapter 59: As expected of Mr. Potter, he hides so deeply

As night fell, the large, round moon hung high in the branches. It was still Slytherin, the same meeting room, and the same senior Slytherins.

Of course, this time, Marcus was not among them.

"Everyone reports on recent developments, highlight the key points and keep it brief. This might be one of the last times we gather like this since we'll be graduating soon, and our time at Hogwarts is running out," said the meeting organizer, Richmond Carrow, the seventh-year prefect, in a smooth yet oily tone after scanning the room.

In a sense, Slytherin was more united than the individually ambitious Ravenclaw or the scattered Gryffindor. As for Hufflepuff, well, they were synonymous with rabble.

This year, if it weren't for the addition of Dudley, Slytherin would have been even more united.

"The biggest recent event is Mr. Dursley's behavior in the common room. However, he seems to have behaved relatively well lately, not causing any more trouble. His active participation in class has earned Slytherin quite a few points. Even without the Quidditch Cup, we're likely to secure the House Cup this year. I've also heard that Malfoy's kid has become quite obedient after being dealt with by him. They even exercise together every morning?"

"As for Harry Potter, he hasn't shown any abnormalities lately. Average in academics, average in skills, average in performance, and often clumsy in class, like someone encountering magic for the first time."

As Carrow's assistant, the sixth-year prefect focused on two people: Dudley and Harry. When talking about Dudley, he started with dissatisfaction but ended with some praise. If it weren't for the incident on the first night of school, the points Dudley had earned for Slytherin during this time alone would have been enough to make him quite popular in Slytherin.

When mentioning Malfoy, there was a slight hesitation in the tone. However, when it came to Harry, there was a significant sense of doubt.

Just as the assistant finished speaking, Carrow expressed great admiration for Harry. " As expected of Mr. Potter, diverting everyone's attention with his cousin while he lurks in the shadows without attracting anyone's notice. Mr. Dursley is also quite outstanding."

"Is that so?" Carrow's words left everyone in the room looking at each other in bewilderment. Logically, it made sense, but something felt off.

"Of course, haven't you noticed? During this time, apart from Mr. Dursley, Miss Granger from Gryffindor has been the most active. Meanwhile, our Mr. Potter hasn't stood out in any way, behaving like an ordinary wizard."

"Isn't that, right?" The sixth-year prefect expressed confusion. This was the conclusion he had reached after observing during this period.

Carrow seemed to sense their confusion and shook his head with a light smile, sipping from the cup of tea in front of him. "So, you haven't observed carefully enough. No matter how well hidden, there are times when one slips up."

"Daniel, you need to improve the comprehensiveness of your information."

Carrow first reprimanded his assistant before turning his attention back to the topic. "Mr. Potter showed a great familiarity with poisons in the first class, did you not know? He is well-versed in the process of potion-making, the time it takes for poisons to take effect, the symptoms, and even the causes of death. Did you all not know?"

Carrow was referring to Harry's performance in the first Potion class.

"Do you think an ordinary, normal wizard would be so knowledgeable about poisons?"