Chapter 61: The Little Mushroom Girl Picking Mushrooms

The Gryffindors were cheering for Harry and Malfoy's flying chase, completely focused they didn't even notice Dudley and Hermione's discreet actions. Some Slytherins noticed but wisely chose to cover their eyes silently.

"We dare not speak."

"We dare not ask."

"We do not know."

Thus, the two smoothly crossed the lawn, running along a small path to the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

Throughout the journey, Hermione's heart was pounding nonstop. As a diligent student, skipping class was a taboo for her. But the thrill was too enticing, too exciting. Hermione's cheeks flushed like a ripe red apple.

Flying class was dull for those who couldn't fly, and seizing this opportunity to explore seemed more interesting. Having been at Hogwarts for a while, Hermione felt she hadn't properly explored the magical place. The Forbidden Forest, even during the day, seemed dimmer than the rest of Hogwarts.

Hogwarts, located in the Scottish Highlands of the British Isles, had a temperate maritime climate. The predominant trees were oak, maple, and beech, creating a dark, unending expanse. To others, it might feel oppressive, but Dudley, with his upbringing in a mountainous region, was unfazed.

Where Dudley grew up, every place was a mountain.

The Forbidden Forest was just a larger forest, with its real attraction being the magical creatures and plants residing within.

"Wow!"

The moment they entered the forest's edge, Hermione was captivated by the scenery. Sunlight filtered through the leaves and branches, creating dappled patterns of green and yellow on the forest floor. The play of light, dancing with the wind, provided a harmonious beauty.

Even Hermione's previously restless heart found tranquility in the forest's enchanting beauty. While Hermione was immersed in the Forbidden Forest's charm, Dudley, observing her, noticed her recent preoccupation. It wasn't just the frustration of failing the flying class; there was something else bothering her. However, respecting her privacy, he refrained from prying. Dudley hoped that this trip to the Forbidden Forest would help her relax.

In her core, Hermione possessed a stubbornness, much like his own.

Harry was the same way.

But she seems to be following him. No, her personality has become similar after being with him for a long time.

Are stubborn people attracted to each other?

Perhaps spending time with each other made their personalities converge?

Well, that sounded like some kind of doppelganger talk.

Hermione jumped ahead and was so curious about everything in front of her,

transformed from Gryffindor's Miss Know-It-All into an ordinary, lively girl.

"Over here, Dudley! Come quickly!"

Standing beside a tree with a trunk large enough to be hugged by four or five people, Hermione beckoned to Dudley, who approached. Following her pointing arm, Dudley saw a small plant with five yellow petals nestled between the tree branches.

"Look there!"

The sunlight filtered through the tree crown and shone on the trunk. The texture of the bark became clearer due to the illumination. Looking in the direction pointed by Hermione, Dudley was in the gap between the trunk and the branches. I saw a small yellow plant with five petals.

St. John's Wort, a relatively rare herb. According to legend, this herb harbored evil powers left by a devil on its petals. When you rubbed the veins, blood-like sap would appear. It was used to treat anemia and menstrual issues, but primarily for wounds and gunshot injuries.