Chapter 36: I like to convince people with virtue

Although the platinum-haired boy used a questioning tone, his expression was remarkably affirmative.

Clearly, before arriving, he had already confirmed Harry's identity.

Beside the platinum-haired boy stood two short and stout figures, like two door gods on either side, noteworthy for their particularly unattractive appearances.

"Oh, this is Crabbe, and this is Goyle," the platinum-haired boy briefly introduced his two lackeys to Harry, then, in a tone that rose and fell, introduced himself, "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy."

Dudley had attended some gatherings of so-called upper-class individuals due to business connections, and he remembered a guy claiming to be a descendant of a certain viscount who used a similar tone. Unfortunately, the platinum-haired boy was too young, and his imitation came off giving people a funny feeling.

This elicited a light cough from Ron, preventing him from bursting into laughter.

Malfoy, with a sidelong glance, looked at Ron and said, "Do you find my name ridiculous?"

With a contemptuous tone full of disdain, he continued, "No need to ask who you are. My father told me that the Weasley family has red hair, freckles all over their faces, and too many children to support."

Even someone as reserved as Neville could sense the overwhelming arrogance in his tone.

He wanted to say something in Ron's defense, but seeing Malfoy's two "door gods" by his side, and being naturally timid and averse to trouble, he swallowed his words.

After mocking Ron, Malfoy turned to Harry and said, "You'll soon find that some wizarding families are much better than others, Potter. You wouldn't want to be friends with oddballs. I can help you with that."

His gaze casually swept over Neville and Ron, and in the not-so-spacious room filled with people, Malfoy's line of sight was conveniently blocked, so he didn't notice Dudley and Hermione.

Then, turning to Harry again, he extended his hand, seemingly wanting to shake hands.

However, the inherent superiority and arrogance in his demeanor gave off a condescending air of "I'm teaching you how things are done."

"I may be hasty in my judgment. In terms of speechlessness, I, Dudley, would like to call you the strongest."

If Hermione's tone could make people uncomfortable, Malfoy's tone was outright contemptuous.

"I think I can discern who the oddballs are on my own." Harry had no intention of shaking hands with him, and his tone was cold.

Ron had just praised Dudley, and Malfoy had previously mocked him.

As long as someone praised Dudley, they were Harry Potter's good brothers, regardless of whether they had mocked Dudley.

Malfoy's pale cheeks blushed slightly. He obviously didn't expect Harry to refuse him so decisively, and he was so brazen about it.

"If I were you, Potter, I would be very careful." He slowed down his speech, threatening in his father's tone, "You should be polite, or you'll end up on the same path as your parents. If you associate with the likes of the Weasleys, you will be affected."

He didn't recognize Neville, and even if he did, he wouldn't mention it. The Longbottom family had a different status in the wizarding world compared to the Weasleys, especially considering Neville's grandmother, Augusta Longbottom, who was a well-known and bad-tempered witch.

The malicious tone made Harry and Ron stand up, and Neville hesitated before standing as well.

Malfoy's two door gods, Crabbe and Goyle, immediately stood in front of him.