Chapter 26: The Little Brother Has Grown Up

"I, Harry Potter, will never go to Hogwarts!"

This statement shocked everyone in the room. Not only did it leave the Dursleys dumbfounded, but even Dumbledore and the tabby cat stood frozen in place.

This declaration was truly astonishing—the Savior of the magical world refusing to go to the magical world? What would happen now?

If it were just the Dursley family objecting, it would be manageable—ignore their opinions and proceed. However, Harry's own wishes could not be ignored.

After the initial shock, Dudley, surprisingly, felt a sense of joy. The little transparent boy who had always been submissive and never expressed his opinions had finally spoken up.

Looking at Harry with a face full of gratification, Dudley thought, 'My little brother has finally grown up.'

Wait a minute. Something seems off?

Dumbledore, who had been experiencing a headache since Hagrid's report the previous day, now felt a throbbing pain in his temples. Instead of responding to Harry immediately, he first expressed his apologies, "I apologize for the rudeness of the Hogwarts keykeeper earlier. Please believe that we had no ill intentions."

His words seemed to carry a certain magical charm, gradually calming down the initially agitated Harry.

"May we come inside and discuss this further?"

Dumbledore addressed this question to Dudley.

He had learned something through Hagrid's report—this family, outwardly led by the Dursley couple, was actually centered around their children.

"Of course, Professor Dumbledore."

It was true that Vernon Dursley's attitude toward Harry changed after the incident with Hagrid. He decided to let Dumbledore in, not only because of Hagrid's disrespectful behavior but also because he knew he couldn't win against this old man with a white beard.

After a pause, Dudley questioned, "Us?"

The tabby cat standing next to Dumbledore began to rapidly grow in size, transforming into a stern-looking woman.

Dumbledore promptly introduced her, "This is Professor McGonagall, Head of Gryffindor House and also the Transfiguration Professor."

"Hello, Professor McGonagall."

Dudley greeted politely, expressing his amazement, " It's amazing. Is this magic?"

"Hello, young Mr. Dursley." McGonagall responded respectfully, enjoying his polite attitude. She briefly explained, "Yes, this is a form of Transfiguration."

Dumbledore couldn't help but give Dudley a thoughtful look.

He handled the situation quite well.

The group entered the Dursley family's living room. Petunia sat on the sofa looking somewhat uneasy. After all, she had sent multiple letters to Dumbledore, expressing her desire to attend Hogwarts, but all were coldly rejected. Vernon, on the other hand, wore a gloomy expression, muttering something unintelligible. He didn't recognize Dumbledore, but in his impression, this was just a crazy old man with a white beard. The stern-faced Professor McGonagall made him uneasy.

The atmosphere was heavy.

Dumbledore took the initiative to break the awkwardness, "Please tell me, Harry, why do you not wish to go to Hogwarts?"

This was a crucial question.

For an ordinary young wizard, refusing to go to Hogwarts might not be a big deal. However, for Harry Potter, the Savior of the magical world, it could have significant consequences.