Tense

Chapter Summary: Still shooked by the dream Jennie begins to feel awkward around Jungkook and her unusual behavior does not go unnoticed

Words: 6,000+

Author's Note: D.E.N.I.A.L lol. If you played Cards Against Humanity (highly recommend), then you know things get suggestive so if you are not about that life, just skip it. Also there is foreshadowing at the end! :)

--------

Jennie didn't get much sleep that night, still shaken from those events that appeared in her dream. This was not good and she kept mentally kicking herself for letting her mind imagine something so inappropriate about her best friend.

Near morning, she was the first to go into the kitchen and sought to distract herself with a bowl of cereal and games on her phone.

"Morning, sweetie!" Jin's voice was heard as she looked up with a timid smile.

"Morning."

"You want me to make you anything?"

"Nah, I'm almost done with my cereal. But I'll help you cook breakfast." she got out of her seat.

Helping him fix a big meal for the members, they set up plates around the table. Before she knew it, Taehyung, Namjoon, and Hobi made their way into the kitchen to eat. Gathering her dish after eating another bowl of cereal, Jennie advanced her way to place the bowl in the sink.

"Hey, morning!" Jungkook's cheerful voice filled the room.

Flinching, she inadvertently dropped her bowl on the floor, causing the glass to shatter.

"Crap..." she quickly kneeled to try to carefully pick up the pieces.

"Aw, hyung! Another thing broke?" Jimin walked in, complaining.

"It wasn't even me! It was Jennie!" Namjoon exclaimed, pointing at her.

"You all right?" Hobi asked, earning a soft "yeah" from Miss Bangtan.

"Hey, I got it." Jungkook quickly went to help her.

Her hand brushed against his, causing her to flinch again. She immediately stood up and cleared her throat.

Jungkook shot her a worried look. "Hey, you all right?"

"Y-yeah, yeah. Just accidentally cut my finger," she responded quickly. "I need to use the bathroom, I'll be right back." she hastily left while he cleaned up the mess with Hobi.

Walking into the hallway bathroom, she shut the door and placed her hands on the sink, exhaling slowly. She wished she didn't feel so clumsy around him because of a dream.

'Should I just tell him?' she thought to herself. Shaking her head, she added, 'No way. Keep this to the grave. It'll take some time but I'll get over this.'

At least, she hoped she did.

After washing her hands, she sat on the toilet seat. She can't hide in here forever. She'll have to leave sometime. She just needed some time to regroup and put on a fake smile.

"Ennie, are you all right?" Taehyung knocked on the door.

"Yeah, you can come in," she answered.

"Let's take care of this." he grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink and kneeled in front of her, taking her right hand.

"I could've done this."

"I was worried."

"It's just a little cut, Tae."