Our First Win

Chapter Summary: Jen joins V, Rap Monster and Jessi in an episode of Hello Counselor. BTS promote their new album and get their first set of wins

Words: 8,000+

------

"We listen to your concerns. National counseling session!" The MC announced as everyone applauded.

Jennie sat in between Namjoon and Taehyung as the MCs announced them as special guests along with Kim Kayeon, Lim Yohwan and Jessi. The show Jen attended today was called Hello Counselor and she was excited to see what would happen on the show.

After the MCs asked for Jessi and Rapmon to rap, they turned to Tae. "Good looking V, what can you do? You can imitate an elephant?"

"I have an elephant on my body." He answered as the crowd laughed. He lifted his sleeve to reveal his arm. "I have two spots on my arm. If I do this, it's an elephant." He pinched his arm, showing it off.

"Lovely, Jennie!" The MC called out.

"Yes?" She smiled.

"What can you do?"

"I play the guitar."

"Wow, what type?"

"Mainly acoustic. It's my strong suit and it's my favorite instrument. I feel as though I can really express myself when I have my hands on a guitar. Whatever emotion I feel, I strum and you can hear it."

"What mood are you in now?"

"Happy." She beamed as the studio applauded. She was handed an acoustic guitar and made sure it was tuned. "I guess I'll do the acoustic version of I Need U."

Once she started to strum the chorus of the song, the studio went silent. After she was finished, the studio erupted in cheers, some were shocked at how precise her guitar skills were.

"BTS released a new song, too. Can you sing a little of it for us?" The MCs requested

"We'll dance." Rapmon stood up with Jen and Tae to perform the chorus dance of I Need U. Once they were done, they were applauded

For the show's concerns, it was listed as, Dad, let's be happy, My unpretty daughter and My husband's change of heart.

The MCs go with my unpretty daughter first and it's from a mom. She has no idea what to do with her daughter and she's embarrassed because of her. She doesn't know what to say when people ask about her daughter, asking if she has a job. The mother claimed her daughter is 38 years old, does rap and is flippant. The mom showed her concern that her daughter doesn't seem to understand how she feels about the situation.

The MC continued to read that the daughter had been rapping for 2 years and her TV audition was cut out from a show and failed the preliminary. Jennie cringed when she heard about that. Must've been really bad for them to cut out an audition.

Once the mother, Jeong Chaeok, walked out and slid down the slide, she sat in the middle of the guests and MCs.

"It's a concern that your daughter wants to be a rapper?" The MCs asked.

"Yes. A woman should meet a nice man, get married, have a baby and be loyal to our country." The mom declared.

'But not everyone wants to date. Not everyone wants kids or wants to get married. What's wrong with that?' Jennie thought in her head.

She had to keep in mind she was from America. Different countries have different standards and traditions. She had a different mentality about dating and marriage than the mother.