Day Twenty Three - The Royals E!

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

She was sat alone in the flat she had bought to get away from her parents, a bottle of whiskey next to her. Another nightmare had haunted her. there was a loud knock at her door. angelica sighed and she clambered to her feet and stumbled over to the door and opened it.

"Hello Angel." her jaw slackened

"Robert, you're alive." she breathed "How are you alive?"

"Sheer dumb luck." he replied "can I come in?" she nodded and stepped to one side.

"You haven't gone home yet, have you?" she wondered trying to fix up the place.

"How can you tell?" he chuckled

"My mothers not banging down my door." she joked lamely and went to grab a t-shirt. He noticed the healing scars on her back.

"You've been hurt." Robert commented his fingers lightly touching her back before the t-shirt she shrugged on covered them.

"It's nothing." she turned around "Why are you here your highness?" Robert sighed

"The truth?" she hummed "I spent months stranded on a island only to come back and find out my brothers being screwing the girl I thought I loved. For some reason I immediately thought of you." He sat down and she followed

"I'm really not in the mood to trash talk your brother. I have bigger problems in case you haven't already noticed."

"Of course" he cleared his throat. "Sorry." the two sat in silence for a long while. Robert looked at the half empty bottle, the strewn of clothes on the floor, broken glass and the broken look on her face.

"Tell me what happened." her turned to face her and her gaze fell on him.

_________________

Robert was officially alive once more and everyone knew. But with him back everything was complicated, on so many different levels. What wasn't complicated was the fact, Robert visited Angelica every day since the night of his return. For a couple of hours he talked with her and she with him. He made a joke that she should be honoured with the fact that he was showing her the real him. Robert helped her get the help she really needed and back in touch with her section.

Angelica tugged nervously at the sleeves of her dress. Robert had invited her to the peoples charity gala, a way back to the real world.

"Angelica? is that really you?" Liam asked seeing her

"Dear God." Angelica sighed and turned around "Hello Liam."

"Wow, look at you." He went to hug her but she stepped back. "Angelica." she began to breath heavily and her eyes began to water.

"Angelica?"

"I can't...I can't breathe." she held a hand to her chest.

"I'll get some help."

"No, I've got it. Angel. Angel listen to me." Robert came in and wrapped his arms around her "You're safe. Just breathe." Angelica wrapper her arms around whims she shook.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry i thought you were ready." he whispered in her ear

"I've fine. I'm fine." his soothing word and embrace began to calm her and she eventually pulled away taking another deep breath. "I'm fine." he looked down at her.

"No, no you're not ready and I should have known that. You need more time."

"Robert, I'm fine. Really I'm okay now, Thank you." she visibly relaxed.

"You two seem....close." Liam commented

"Not now, Sparrow. Lets get you a drink. I had a horde of diet coke put to one side for you." he lead her away, leaving a shocked and confused Liam.

_________________

Helena bargained that she would auction of a hour of her time, if Robert would consider a list of candidates to be his bride. She even asked Willow to help. But there was only one on his mind all the time.

"There is no need for a list Willow. There is only one I want but she's not ready, yet. And until she is. I will not marry."

Angelica was on her way to healing and Robert had been a big part of that. Meanwhile he had been declared King and was eventually coronated. Liam went to see Angelica.

"Liam? What, what are you doing here?" she questioned

"I came to see you. It's been a while." Angelica scowled and her head tilted as she assessed him

"He was right." she muttered

"What?"

"Robbie, he has been saying there is a shift in you. You have become more angry and vindictive. That you were trying to ruin him. That's why you're here. I'll have no part in it." she slammed the door in his face.

______________

Angelica's apartment was in the south of London. So when the blackout happened she was at the heart of it. She like many other tried to cross the bridge away from the rioting and destruction.

"Hey! Hey!" she called to the soldiers "I know you've got a job to do. But these people are scared. They just want to get to a safe place." Angelica tried to reason.

"I'm sorry Miss. But there is nothing I can do."

"That's Ma'am to you, Private. Staff Sargent Angelica Lane." he stood to attention "Give me the speaker phone. If you aren't going to calm the people down. I will." He handed it over and she pushed herself onto one of the jeeps.

"Ladies and Gentlemen please! I know you're scared." people stopped the shouting slowly "What is going on right now is something we have seen in decades. But just because we haven't doesn't mean we should give in to our fear. I should know that better than anyone. These soldiers here are following orders. Orders to protect the bridge and the other side of the city from the exact same thing we're trying to leave from. It's not right or fair but my brothers in arms made a promise and they're trying to up hold that. We support our armed forces all the time don't let fear ruin that now." from the crowd came Robert. He stopped before Angelica and gave her a proud smile before taking her side and her hand. She handed him the speaker phone and he made a speech to the people and called for the military to stand aside. Then he and Angelica lead everyone over the bridge and back to the palace.

"I heard what you said on the jeep." Robert told her. "I'm so proud of you."

"I may be injured and recovering. But I'm now hardwired for a crisis."

"No, it's so much more than that. When I came back you were haunted by all that had happened. Frozen. But the woman you've become is inspiring. You're an inspiration." she smiled softly. "Can we talk somewhere more privately?" she nodded and they headed into his office.

"There's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. I know you like for me to get to the point so here's the short of it. I love you, Angelica. I've fallen in love with you even more since I came back. And my mother wants me to choose from some stupid list but I can't because that would mean betraying you."

"Robert." she breathed

"I know you've been screwed over by my family in the past, but I swear to you I will never..."

"Oh shut up and kiss me, you Idiot." she shook her head and sighed. He let out a small laugh and placed his lips on hers in a kiss which she happily returned.

___________________

From there things moved very fast. Due to the lingering blackouts Angelica and Robert were seen more and more together by helping out the people and they were hardly discreet in their affections anymore and people began to notice. So when Robert proposed, Angelica accepted and though the media made her nervous she had Robert by her side and she over came her nerves.

Wedding coming Christmas 2024