Chapter 44: dead dinosaurs and hope

TW- swearing, mentions of blood

Techno's POV:

Tubbo was busy cooking dinner for us all and Wilbur was helping me get some awesome pictures of Tommy in the garden. I'd got creative with his alien costume and some stupid props but now he was in his red t-shirt and I was getting some shots of him and Wilbur 'jamming out'. 

"Do you know Viva la Vida on the piano Wilbur?"

"Mhm, yea. I'd need the refresh myself on the chords but yea. Dad got me to learn it when I first started because he really liked the song at the time."

"Cool, well Tubbo let slip he'd learnt it on the ukulele this week so if you know what I'm thinking..."

"Yes! Oh yes, please! We have to convince him."

"I don't think he'll take much convincing," I mumbled, capturing Wilbur's excitement briefly on my camera.

"Yea!" Tommy shouted.

"Yea!" Wilbur replied.

I felt so happy and arguments were gone from my head. Mum was out getting stuff for pudding and Dad was upstairs doing some washing or something. Using one of the breakfast stools to sit down but still at worktop height, Tubbo was able to cook completely independently and he was reveling in it: banning us from the kitchen.

Hence why we were doing a photo shoot in the garden.

"Okay, well, let's leave him to cook dinner and then we can ask afterwards. Make it a weekend project or something?"

"Sounds good." Wilbur said, readjusting his guitar and playing a cord which made Tommy happy and flap his hands.

Time skip:

We were sat down having dinner and Mum rushed through the front door. "Sorry, sorry! I got stuck behind a learner driver and they were taking their time."

"Better than than getting into accidents!" Dad added, getting up to help her put the shopping away.

"Yes, I guess so. Anyway, ice cream or chocolate pudding for dinner?" She asked, holding up both options.

"Yea!" Tommy answered for us all.

"Good then." She sat down, "wow Tubbo. This looks amazing!"

"It's really good," Dad added.

I stared down at my own plate and poked the food around. It was steaks with chips and salad and for some reason I didn't like it. It looked really nice but the concept of eating it right now made me feel really ill. It was a sensory thing and I couldn't fully work it out.

"I'm sorry, it does look really good but can I save it for later?"

Dad looked at me and after taking a second to suss out my expression, agreed, "yea, just stick a cover over it. And do you mind staying at the table or do you need a break?"

"I think I need a break."

"Alright then, thanks for communicating that. Do you need anything else?" I shook my head and plodded upstairs. And I knew about the rule of not going into anyone else's bedroom but my bedroom isn't nearly as calm as Tommy's. I tucked a blanket round my shoulders (because I was cold, even though it was summer) and settled into his tent, which I was probably a little tall for. I played some music from my phone and got a book from my bedroom. It was nice there, in my own little world. I could see why Tommy liked it so much.

I knew when dinner was finished because Tommy came running upstairs into his bedroom and Dad was close behind.

"Oh hey mate?"