Chapter 16: the new girl

Kelly's POV:

I put my shoes on. I could feel Tommy stood next to me, and Kristin helping him with his. Tommy was a lot taller than me and didn't really understand personal space so it was easy to know when he was near me. Techno always hummed so he was easy too. Kristin and Phil tended to be talking to someone or explaining something most of the time. It was Wilbur and Tubbo who were the difficult ones. I wouldn't realise Tubbo was already sat in a room, and Wilbur could sneak in too easily.

Kristin and Phil tried to explain autism to me but it all got very confusing. All I can remember is that Tommy's and Techno's brains works differently and that Tommy doesn't talk. But everyone is really nice. They also explained to everyone about my blindness and I tried to explain what I could see. 

Phil took Wilbur and another one of them, Tubbo I think, out and then Kristin is took us shopping and then to the park.

Kristin's POV:

"Right, Kelly we got you some clothes yesterday but considering we've got to get a bit of shopping done today would you like to get some more?"

"When can I go home?"

"We aren't sure yet. The hospital called to say your dad is out of surgery, but they aren't sure how he's feeling yet."

"Can I still get a unicorn?" She had jumped the conversation forward to try and get away from the upsetting topic and I joined her.

"Yep! Tommy, did you want to see if they had another dinosaur?"

"Are we going to the place that has the minecraft soft toys?"

"Yes we are. Would you like one too Techno?"

"Maybe." He replied, blushing through his slight embarrassment. Kelly laughed. "Hey! That's not fair, the minecraft teddies are really cool."

"Sure, sure." She said.

"They are actually really smooth. Perfect texture, not fluffy, but soft."

"They sound cool actually. Unicorns are really fluffy sometimes and it's all plasticy and funny."

"Yea!" Techno replied, genuinely happy to engage in the conversation for once. 

Tommy was stood in the middle, holding Techno's hand and listening to music. Wilbur had shown him the 80's music Terry had apparently told him about yesterday and now Tommy was happily listening to it all. Speaking of Wilbur, Phil had dropped him off at Mark's on the way to Tubbo's first therapy session and he was happy. Tubbo was nervous, rightfully so, and we'd spent a large part of the morning calming him down whilst simultaneously helping Kelly get used to us and the house. Techno was now determined to build a little model to help her feel the layout of the house.

All in all, we were doing well.

We piled out the house, making sure everyone had everything before we left, and I locked the front door whilst Techno started getting Tommy into the car.

"Can Tommy play his music through the cable?" My eldest son asked.

"Sure he can, let's all have a listen." I noticed Kelly struggling with her belt and stood by her door, just checking if she needed any help. Her white shoes were a little muddy but it was the large dried blood stain that worried me. We would need to get some new trainers and place these ones in the bag with the other stained stuff. Phil and I had decided it was not our choice whether or not we threw it away, but also it shouldn't have to be Kelly's. Hopefully Cleo would call with more news from the hospital and we would be able to start getting things sorted.

"Why don't we find some new trainers too." I suggested casually, as she clicked in her belt.

"But I like my trainers."