chapter 27: boys day out

TW- swearing

Techno's POV:

We waved bye and turned round to face each other. Finally, us three we're going to have time without Mum and Dad again. Wilbur had his hands on the handles of Tubbo's wheelchair and the two of them were already laughing about something. They were a lot closer that they had been at the start of the summer but it was nice.

"What should we do first?" I asked, wanting to know what we were doing so I didn't get too stressed and messed it up for everyone else.

"Ummm, how about cex?" Wilbur said, forcing Tubbo to give me a funny look.

"It's a shop for second hand games and consoles and stuff, we could look for some wii games."

"Wasn't Dad going to buy them for us?" Wilbur asked.

"Yea, but we could get them now and then Dad could just pay me back. I've got my card on me and I've got more than enough money on it." I suggested.

"You'll have more soon, with your new job and all." Wilbur said.

"Hopefully," I mumbled, walking in the direction of the shop.

Tubbo's hands were still blistered from school shopping and he was cool with Wilbur pushing him in the wheelchair because he said it didn't feel like he was being looked after. I understand how when Mum and Dad did it, it could feel a bit overbearing. When you were the parent for so long, having actual parents takes a lot of getting used to.

When we got there, we found a step small step into the doorway. I looked at Wilbur and sighed. Accessibility was the one thing that just never seemed to get better. Tubbo looked nervous. I smiled at him, hoping he'd realise that Wilbur and I were going to help and not just blame him for it. It wasn't his fault after all.

"I'll take the back, Techno can you lift up the front?" I nodded, slotted my phone into my pocket and tried not to look horrifically weak. Hopefully I'd build up a little strength from doing judo again. I noticed how I'd built muscle from carrying Tommy around too, and Tubbo is lighter than Tommy, but his wheelchair is mega bulky and there's not really anywhere to grab that makes it easy on you.

We struggled but eventually got into the shop. Wilbur did his best to make it clear to Tubbo that it wasn't an issue and that we really didn't mind cause he was our brother. I knew how he felt. Sometimes, when I got overwhelmed or angry or stressed, my mind tricked me into thinking things which definitely weren't true. And no matter how much someone tells me the truth, it doesn't even begin to get through. I'd try to talk to him about it later. Not tell him the truth again in the hope I get through when I know I won't, but to remind him that I get what's going on. Wilbur's been through stuff, but he's not really got the maturity to deal with any of it yet. And that's okay. I kind of wish I'd had that naivety for longer. Growing up kind of sucks. I love Mum and Dad for letting us be kids for as long as possible, and for encouraging us to still have time to be childish even when we've grown up a bit.

Looking around the shop took us all longer than we thought. The choice was overwhelming and we spent nearly 45 minutes before Wilbur thudded Tubbo out the door and nearly sent him flying out of the chair. We found two more wii remotes so that all four of us can now play together and then an two odd looking wii games that none of us had heard of before, not even me. And I like to think video games are one of my special interests. By the looks of it, the first one is a medieval strategy game, a bit like warcraft. And the second one is a puzzle game where each solved puzzle earns you tokens to fight bosses with? 

Both of them require less physical skills and more mental challenges which should be fun. And it also means Tommy can get more involved. His difficulties with fine motor skills mean stuff like mario kart isn't very easy and normally just frustrates them. I don't mind helping, but then I can't play against him and he loses the independence of getting to do it himself.