58.

Kim had recieved several such news before. People known and unknown to him dying, yet this one in particular made his blood run cold for a moment because everytime he knew he had his brothers by his side but this time if what he was hearing was true then he knew Kinn would be inconsolable. And Porchay...

Before rushing for the hospital he had gone to the building. The fire seemed to have died down by then but the first floor was completely destroyed and a horrible smell filled the air. It was still quiet dangerous to walk around but he tried his best to search the entire place, especially the room where Porsche was kept. He didn't want to believe what he found. A considerable amount of ashes and some bone remains.

"Send whatever remains you found for a DNA test. We need to confirm if these really belong to Porsche".

"But sir the entire place was surrounded by guards. We checked and found no one. Nobody has left or walked in ever since the fire broke out".

"They kidnapped Porsche from Minor Family mansion where guards and CCTV were present everywhere too. They kept him here for a reason. Just do as I say."

He really wanted the test to come back negative. That was the only hope. He didn't know how to break the news to Porchay, he knew no matter how much he tried to console him or give him hope that Porsche is still fine and this is probably another trap it would not work. He couldn't gather up the courage. It was strange how quickly the fire had died down.

The first thing he did after reaching the hospital was search for his father who had directly gone to the hospital to see Kinn. Apparently he was still inside having a conversation with Kinn who had woken up almost as soon as he reached the hospital and had demanded to be taken back to the building to save Porsche but was under extreme shock to actually put up a fight. He had to wait outside as his father had prohibited anyone from entering inside until he was done speaking. A few moments later his father stepped out with his usual plain expression and rushed over to him to inquire about his brother's health.

"Did you go to the building as well?"

"Yes I did."

"You should've come here first."

"I needed to check the place once myself to make sure that-

'Did you find anything?"

"No. Porsche wasn't there but I-

"How could he? He's gone."

"Papa I did find some remains there and I've sent them for a DNA test. Till then we can't be sure if they really belong to Porsche".

"He's gone Kim... In the most unimaginably painful way possible. Being burnt alive isn't a joke... In the end it was an awful descision to let Porsche walk into our lives. I shouldn't have ever let him set foot into our house and into this life. I don't know what to tell Namphueng. Although she never recognised him, she truly lost a child today".

His father walked away leaving him stunned. He couldn't understand why his father had so quickly come to terms with Porsche's apparent death. There was nothing normal about what had just happened and knowing his father he expected him to dig deeper into the matter. Now was the time to face Kinn. He braced himself for what was to come.

*

"How are you now?"

The coldness in his father's voice was clear but he couldn't set his mind on that.

"That building... I need to go back there. Porsche needs my help".

"Porsche... What did you see there?"