53.

Kinn watched Khwan sit in silence as he absent mindedly tapped his fingers on the table. His entire face was bruised and one of his eyes were swollen. Despite the torture he seemed unfazed.

"The longer you stay quiet, the longer you'll be in this mess".

"Will I be free if I blabber out the words you want me to? If you spent half such efforts into actually finding Porsche then maybe he would be here already... What evidence do you have against me anyway?"

"Do I need to show you the things and messages you sent us?".

"And how does that prove that I attacked you and kidnapped him? Moreover, I've been here since last 4 days while your men are searching and sealing off all my properties."

He smiled to himself and shook his head.

"You're not as experienced as your father but I thought you have seen enough in this work to not be so silly... You know very well that there is no way of leaving the compound unless one walks out himself. Especially if one is not at all afraid to be stopped by the guards."

"So you're claiming that Porsche walked out of the compund himself after being shot?"

"Who saw him being shot? Your guards say that they heard a firing sound but they didn't see who or where it was fired to. The only person who's making a statement of what happened after you were sedated is Porsche's younger brother."

"You talk an awful lot of bullshit for someone who's in the position as you are right now".

"I'm just a little disappointed. Growing up your father felt like your younger brother was the most intelligent one among you three siblings but your mother definitely preferred you the most since she saw her own qualities in you the most. Your older brother maintained an emotional barrier with both your parents despite how much he loved them. Since he had no intentions of taking up the work your father decided to check both his younger kids and felt like Kim had the most potential. But you were the perfect balance for humanity and work and also next in line as the heir so you were chosen. But what they thought as your more human side was nothing but extreme stupidity".

Two of the guards in the room quickly pointed their guns towards Khwan's head.

"I watched you grow up too... As your parents were waiting to see which one of their children turned out to be the most suitable I was eager to see how you especially would turn out since you were the one who took up most qualities of your mother. But I'm a little sceptical now... After all these years you can really tell that you've lost her touch."

"Is that what your plan of survival is? Put up with the questioning and torture, refuse to say anything useful, and at the end of the day bring up my personal life or family into the conversation to-"

"Isn't it personal? If I were some random buisness partner sending those packages and talking to your partner about you then you'd have killed me long ago... Your mother fought with the family to have you. She was willing to give up everything... Ready to die at the hands of your grandfather."

"What?"

"God... Do you know anything about yourself and your family at all! You're like this clueless child at all times. Maybe your father was right afterall... You're not made for this work. Like I've told you before... Your family has always faced betrayal by one of their own people. You by Tawan, your father by his brother, your grandfather by his buisness partner."

"After that both the families were divided to avoid further conflict".

"Yes... But between all this your poor mother was trapped. By the time your grandfather discovered that his partner was cheating him in buisness, your family had already faced a huge loss which led to them absolutely crumbling financially. Your grandfather was growing more and more paranoid everyday that some sudden attack will take place and the entire family will have no place to run. Your uncle was newly married and Tankhun was just 3. So for the sake of protecting everyone your father gathered the few people who were loyal to the family and went to launch a surprise attack. For 6 months they heard nothing from him... 2 months after his departure your grandfather was certain that he was dead and had planned to hand over whatever little asset they had left to your uncle."