Chapter 80

MATHONGA-

Ntaba is live on Instagram, he’s killed the Sangweni family. 

The giggling giant is what the viewers call him, some call him a monster while others commend him for what he has done. 

I run out of my room to show everyone what I have just witnessed. They are all gathered in the lounge, Vukuzakhe, baba, Bongiwe and Khethiwe. Some of the servants are here as well, it’s a pretty crowded room. 

My father looks like his heart has been ripped out of his chest, my guess is that they have seen the live. He’s on the phone shouting orders, “I want you at the station before my son gets there, do you hear me Ngubane?” 

That’s the Vumile I know. 

Ngubane is his lawyer, thirty years of experience. I hope he’s not rusted, Ntaba will need the best lawyer money can buy.

“Baba!” 

All eyes turn to me, wide and curious. 

“Ntaba is in trouble,” I say, nearing them.  

“We’re watching the video, it looks so surreal.” Her face is surreal. 

Why does Bongiwe sound so excited about this? 

“You know Ntaba will go to jail, right?” I’m asking Mrs Surreal, she huffs and waves me off. 

“The police just got there,” oh! I almost forgot about Khethiwe, her eyes are housing tears. “How can Ntaba be so stupid, why would he go live? There are more than 10 000 views now, people are spreading the word. It’s going to go viral before morning.”

Tell me something I don’t know. 

“At least he’ll be famous after this, they have given him a name. They call him ‘The giggling giant’. You’ll find a way to excuse his offense. He is a prince, he can buy the country if he wants.” Stupidity does not suit Bongiwe.

“Bongiwe!” Zakhe rebukes her, good for him.  

She doesn’t care though, they are watching on her phone, I’m sure she’s the one who called baba. I’m glad Nandi is not here, I don’t want her to know what really happened to her daughter.  

“Bhuti,” I’m talking to Bongiwe’s husband now. Stress is going to kill him at a young age. “Bhuti we have to help him.” 

He’s typing something on his phone, striding towards me. 

“Let’s talk in the kitchen.” Okay, he wants privacy. A second later, he places the phone against his ear, big brother is sweating goat dung. 

“Who are you calling?” I’m anxious to find out, I have never seen him this terrified before. 

He looks at me and with a low voice says, “Funokuhle.” 

“Oh shit!” I completely forgot about him. “Do you think he has seen the video?” 

“I hope not,” he keeps his voice down. “Thonga, he’s alone.” 

“Let’s hope he’s sleeping, besides, he doesn’t look like the Instagram type. Let us fix Ntaba’s mess before umjolo bhuti.” I might get a slap for this. 

A sigh slips past his lips, “You’re right let’s go.” 

He’s already headed to the door. 

“Where are we going?” 

“To the Sangwenis, he’ll need to see a familiar face.” 

Well, Ntaba is not about that. I doubt he ever feels alone, he’s on a high right now and the last thing he cares about is seeing a familiar face.