Chapter 99: Confirmed?

Pov y/n

"You know, I should probably be the one that's nervous about this appointment, not you?" Scar asks amused and looks at me.

"You were already calm when I was pregnant, how are you so relaxed?" I ask back with a small whine. I tried to be calm, I really did but that's so much easier said than done. How am I supposed to be calm when we are literally about to find out if we are really pregnant?

"Because I've been through all of this before and know how things go." She answers and takes my hand, sliding her fingers between mine.
"And I know how exciting and new it is at first and I love that I get to experience that with you. If it helps you feel better, I am a little nervous but also excited to know if the test we did was right because if that's the case, we will have a baby in around nine months."

I smile because that really sounds nice and just the image of her with a baby in her arms makes me all excited and fuzzy from the inside. I do want to have a baby with her, that's why we went through all of this and now it finally paid off. 

Admittedly, I'm not sure if I'm a little jealous that it works for her while I had to go through what I went through. It's hard to tell because I don't really feel jealous, I am relieved that it's this easy for her and that she doesn't have to suffer a setback. Sure, it would have been nice to be pregnant myself but maybe it's not so bad to experience her pregnancy to know how this actually works. If I would have been pregnant, I probably would have freaked out a lot because I don't know how this works at all. But Scarlett does because she had Rose and that's a win for the both of us. 

"Yeah, that's true. But I can't help it, I have the daddy-syndrom." I explain, which makes her laugh and shake her head. 

"You gotta explain that a little more, sweetheart." 

"Well, the partner, most of the time the father of the child, always freaks out when the woman is pregnant because they don't know what they are supposed to do and also because they can't really do much. It's not like I can just take the baby from you and let it develop in my uterus when you get tired of being pregnant. All I can do is only affecting you from the outside. It's a bit of helplessness I suppose." I explain. One thing isn't true though, I know how a pregnancy works and can use my brain to figure out what to do but it's still a bit of a scary process because I can't help Scarlett if there's anything not right. 

"That's not true." She disagrees and I cock my head in question. 

"How so?" 

"You can do things to affect me internally. Yes, you can't just carry the child for me but you can help me be comfortable and be my moral support. You can motivate me when it gets tough and you can be by my side and love me. That's equally as important as what I do. Without you, I wouldn't be this calm because right now I know I can always count on you and rely on you to be there if I need reassurance or just a shoulder to cry on. I trust you and know you won't judge me if I start crying for no reason because the hormones are raging. Having a partner with you through this whole thing is so important." She assures me, never breaking the eye contact. 

I smile softly and run my thumb over the back of her hand. Looking at it like that it's true, I can do a lot and I will do everything I can to make sure she is as comfortable and happy as possible during this pregnancy and outside of the pregnancy. 

"We're a team in this?" I ask and she nods and tugs me towards her with her hand in mine to give me a soft kiss on the lips. 

"We always are." She whispers and lets the kiss linger for a few more seconds before we have to let go and get out of the car.

The doctor is really kind and welcomes us with a smile. She doesn't even comment on the fact that we are two women and I love that. Scar and her seem familiar with each other but that makes sense since Scar didn't spend all her time in New York City when she was pregnant. She also was in LA and therefore needed a doctor here too. That makes it easier now because the doctor still has all the information about Scarlett's first pregnancy and doesn't have to start a whole new file.