Chapter 10: Back in Florida

Pov y/n

I'm really happy and excited about the fact that I was allowed to fly to Florida. Brooke said she doesn't want to because a friend of hers celebrates her birthday in that week and Brandon and Jordan preferred staying in New York as well because they're quite occupied with another project at the moment.

I had quite a long chat with my boss about going there with Scarlett and Rose and we managed to settle on something. My flight is paid for and the money the company would have paid for my hotel room is added to the bill for the new hotel room.

We decided to take a flight around noon on Sunday, so we would have some time to get settled in Florida and explore a little bit before I have to work on Monday.

Rose got even more excited and it was difficult to put her to bed last night because she was too excited to sleep.
All our bags were already packed, so we didn't have to worry about that this morning.

Scarlett is thrilled as well because the job that ended on Friday was a lot of work and she's looking forward to this small vacation.
At least for the two of them it'll be a vacation, I still have to work. But since I love what I'm doing, I really don't mind it.

Even though, we had everything planned out very well and scheduled, it didn't quite turn out the way we wanted it to.

There's an announcement for our flight, telling us the boarding is nearly closed.
I run through the airport, Rose by my side and running as fast as she can.

We may or may not have lost track of time when we were browsing the shops around the airport and now we're late. Scarlett didn't want to look through the shops and instead decided to wait near the gate until we're allowed to board.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I curse, navigating us through some people.

Rose doesn't seem to understand why I'm this stressed because she giggles a little while running. At least she enjoys this and doesn't worry about the possibility of not catching the plane.

"Gate 6, Mama." Rose calls and points to a sign that we just ran past. I stop and spin around. I'd be lost without this child, I swear.

"Well spotted, little dolphin." I praise and lead her towards the gate, still hurrying.

There are no people waiting in line anymore, telling us we're really late. I try to catch my breath but my heart still races in my chest while I frantically search my pockets for the tickets.

"Fu-dge." I quickly correct, remembering Rose is right next to me.

There are no tickets in my pockets but without them, we can't board. I send a silent prayer to heaven that we still manage to get in.

"Hello, sorry we're a little late." I say to the woman behind the counter. She looks up at me unimpressed.

"Tickets please." She just replies and I nod, cringing a little at the fact that I don't have them.

"We have tickets but I can't find them. We should be on the list though, if there's a list." I try while I tap my foot nervously.

"Is that our plane?" Rose asks and points outside the window to the plane right in front of it.

"It is." I confirm and look back at the woman behind the counter.

"I don't have a list, I need to see your tickets please." She says, almost sounding annoyed.

Well, shit, because I don't have our tickets. I remember handing them to Scarlett before Rose and I went on our little shopping trip. Glancing at the clock above the door to the plane tells me that we're supposed to take off in ten minutes. That's definitely not enough time to run through the whole airport to buy another two tickets, if there are even still free seats.