Chapter 78: Sick?

TW: Throwing up

Pov y/n

The fact that Scarlett got her memories back was such a relief.
I don't think I was ever this relieved in my life before. It made me cry and her too, so we just stood there crying while hugging each other.

The two weeks before that night were horrible. I called in sick for work the first few days because I didn't have the energy to get up and go to work. Most of the time I just sat on my couch or in the bed and stared at my phone, hoping to get a message.
When I wasn't staring at my phone, I was crying. There isn't much more I did in those days.

My appetite was barely there so I also didn't need to buy new groceries since I almost didn't touch the ones I had at home. I managed to take a few baths in that time but it was always hard to get up. There was a constant level of stress in my body because I didn't know what to do at all. If she wouldn't have remembered me, I would have had to cancel the wedding and all of that.

But I know, I wouldn't have had the energy to do so. There was a lot happening inside me emotionally to say the least and it drained me.
Even if I wasn't as crushed as I was and would have had energy to go to work, dealing with all those emotions would have taken away my energy.

When Rose appeared in front of my door, I thought for a moment that everything was okay again until she told me it wasn't. But it did help to see her and to see Scarlett as well.
It was a little bit of my old life that came back and I found enough energy to go back to work.

They asked me there if I was really okay because I still looked rather terrible but I assured them I was. Knowing that Scar's memories slowly came back helped me to get back into a routine and take care of myself again.
It just felt unnecessary to do so when she couldn't remember me because I wasn't doing anything and had other priorities.

Watching that movie with her and Rose helped me cope as well because I could tell that Scarlett was craving being near me and that gave me a bit more strength. It still wasn't enough to be hopeful though.
She wore the wedding ring but without all her memories, it wouldn't have made sense to get married.

The kiss and seeing how all her memories got back were like a moment of light in the darkness of my brain. Knowing it's gonna go back to normal was a huge relief and I was too excited to go to sleep early that night because I needed to sort out all the thoughts that already tried to figure out how to live a life without Scarlett.
It seemed impossible but I still had to figure it out in case she wouldn't get her memories back.

After we both cried, she asked me to move back in with them and I instantly agreed. Most of my stuff is already here so I didn't have to go back to my apartment.
Falling asleep in her arms was heaven and for the first time in two weeks, I actually slept good and enough.

This morning we told Rose about the memories being back and she was really excited that we could continue life like it was before the accident. Scarlett and I shared that excitement with her and I had to convince myself multiple times that it isn't a dream, it's actually going to be okay again.

Right now Rose is playing outside in her treehouse while Scarlett and I sit outside on the sun loungers and enjoy the nice weather.
It's nearly May, so the temperature's been going up and there is less rain. Whenever Rose gets to play outside, it's helpful for the rest of the day because this way she gets some energy out and doesn't get energy-bursts in the evening. Not that I can blame her, I know that feeling too.

"I want to go to therapy again." I say and Scar looks at me surprised.

It's a thought that has been on my mind for about a week now because I still don't know how to cope with everything that happened and I don't just want to push the feelings away and pretend like they never happened.