Chapter 32: I'm here now

Pov y/n

I barely sleep that night and the next morning my neck is sore and my body feels heavy.
A guard brings us breakfast, which contains out of a plain bagel and a bottle of water.

Since there's no clock in here, I have no idea how late it is or when I'm gonna see Mrs. Griffin again. I doubt that she has any new evidence but just getting out of this cell is enough because it's starting to get a little depressive.

Half an eternity later, at least it feels that way, someone gets me out of the cell and leads me to another room.
I expect to see Mrs. Griffin in there but there's another woman waiting for me. She wears a jumpsuit and has my file already spread out in front of her. She stands up when I enter and gives me a friendly smile.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Foster. Miss Johansson hired me to get you out of here." She introduces herself.
Okay, so this is my second lawyer.
I nod and the guard closes the door behind me. While I sit down, Mrs. Foster takes a seat as well and looks from the file to me.

"I read through everything and also contacted Mrs. Griffin. It's a smart decision to get the security tape but it's gonna take a little longer. She's already on the phone with the company and is doing her best." She informs me.
It's good they already talked, this way I don't have to recite everything again.

"There should be more evidence that will proof your innocence and I am positive we're gonna find it. You said you didn't see any drugs in your apartment?" She asks and clicks her pen to write something down. I shake my head.

"No, I didn't see any." I confirm.

"That also means you never touched those bags." She concludes and slows down a little to look at me.
"We could search for fingerprints on the bags and if yours aren't on there, that would be a huge help." She says.

That's something I didn't think about but she's right. If my fingerprints aren't on those bags that would at least proof I never touched it.
That would make it hard for me to buy that much weed and store it in my apartment. Sure, I could have worn gloves but that's something they couldn't proof.
The question would still be if that matters when the amount was still in my apartment.

"I don't know where they took those bags though." I say and she nods and notes something down.

"That's okay, I can figure that out." She assures me.

"But since you got arrested last night, we don't have much time to proof your innocence. I talked to the leading Officer and he said that you'll see a judge this afternoon, probably around five. The judge will decide if you're guilty or not if we can't proof it before then." Mrs. Foster tells me and I gulp, that doesn't sound good at all.

It also doesn't give us much time to proof my innocence. Is it even possible to proof it within a couple of ours?

A fingerprint analysis takes a while and so does getting the footage of the security camera.
Anxiety fills my body and settles in my stomach and pressing on my chest. If we don't have anything that proofs I'm innocent, I'm probably gonna go to prison and I'm not ready for that.

As if she can read my mind, she says: "I know there isn't much time and we have to hurry but I believe we can do this."

I want to believe her so badly but it's getting a little hard with the time running. Maybe having two lawyers will pay off right now. If Mrs. Griffin takes care of the camera footage and Mrs. Foster of the fingerprints, we have enough evidence to get me out of this.

"Okay. What can I do during all of this?" I ask. Mrs. Foster looks at me for a while and then through the papers in front of her.

"There isn't much you can do. Just hang on and don't lose hope." She says and reaches out to give my hand a little squeeze.
I'm seriously starting to hate those words. It's so much easier said than done.