Chapter 79: Chrysanthemum

A/n: This TW will contain a spoiler for the chapter but I feel like it's very important to give a TW here.

Tw: Blood, miscarriage

Pov y/n

Luckily, I didn't have morning sickness this morning or the past three days.
It's a lot easier to get ready for work and actually be productive at work like this.

Scarlett was very caring since she learned that I'm pregnant and always made sure I had enough water and food. If she's already this protective of me, how is it gonna be when the bump is actually visible?

But until then we still have a lot of time and most importantly: a wedding.
We pushed dress shopping back a little so we could go to the doctor's office beforehand and ask how big my belly will be around the time of the wedding. I didn't want to get a dress that cuts off my circulation because I'm having a baby bump by then but I also didn't want a wedding dress that's too big because there's space for a bump that isn't even there yet.

On Monday, Scarlett searched up her old midwife and doctor's office that she was very happy with when she was pregnant with Rose.
She insisted on seeing a doctor to check up on everything and have their guidance during the pregnancy.

I didn't complain about it because this whole pregnancy thing is new to me and having a doctor by my side that I can call at any time if I have questions is definitely helpful.
We still haven't told Rose because we want to wait a little longer until doing so, especially after everything else that happened.

First she should have a few therapy sessions so it won't overwhelm her.
Scar made an appointment for next week and already talked to the doctor on the phone, telling me afterwards that the doctor is really kind and great at what she's doing.

Having her support in this makes it so much easier and I'm so much more excited. During her memory loss I was constantly worried and anxious about having to go through it alone but I luckily don't have to anymore.
It's a huge relief and now I'm really looking forward to each new stage of the pregnancy, especially the one without morning sickness.

Scarlett drove me to work this morning and Rose to school since she wanted to make sure I'm getting there safely.
She really is getting protective of me but I honestly enjoy it secretly and think it's pretty cute.
It's only gonna get more with the pregnancy continuing but that's okay with me. Especially since she knows what to look out for during a pregnancy. I searched some stuff up myself to make sure I don't do anything I'm not supposed to while being pregnant.

Since I was never a big fan of coffee, it doesn't bother me that I'm not allowed to have caffein anymore.

I currently have a little lunch break and am noting down some stuff. The wedding is approaching and there is still quite a lot to do.
We got a guest list, sent out invitations, set a date and found a venue so far, all important choices.
There are still a few things missing though and I like to write them down to keep track of everything.

We still need to buy dresses or suits, but that's later on. Then we have to find our rings, I know we're a little late but we just haven't found one we both love. Then there's also catering but Scarlett said she would look that up and present me her ideas so I don't have to worry about that.
What I do have to figure out are my brides-people.

I decided to make it gender neutral since it feels unfair to only have women picked out for that.

Since Monday I have been thinking about my maid of honor or best men, whatever, because Scar announced she wants Lizzie to be hers.
I thought that was adorable and loved the idea since they are really close and it would be such an honor for Lizzie.