Chapter 86: Let's go to L.A.

Pov y/n

Taking a flight at 6 am in the morning was a stupid idea.

Not really though because it was the emptiest one and this way we land at a reasonable time in LA, which allows us to arrive properly and take the day to relax and get settled in.

Knowing all of that doesn't make it better though because it's currently 4:30 am and I'm trying not to fall asleep while making sandwiches for the flight. We could order food on the plane but why should we do that when we have perfectly fine food at home?

"Are you okay, baby?" Scarlett's voice makes me jump and I turn my head into her direction.

"You seemed a little spaced out." She says, keeping her voice quiet because we want Rose to sleep a little longer. I nod and yawn.

"Just tired." I mumble and she nods in understanding.

It's a mystery to me how she can seem this awake at such an early hour. But to be fair, she had a coffee and I didn't because I wasn't feeling it. I also wasn't feeling breakfast because my head feels thick and I'm not hungry. Whenever I need to get up this early I get a little bit of a headache.

"I know." She responds and walks around the counter to kiss my cheek. I smile tiredly and continue making sandwiches.

When we decided on the different tasks, I asked her to check if we got everything because my brain isn't functioning this early and I would also be way too nervous then. I tend to forget things from time to time and this time it's important to have everything with us.
It also prevents me from checking different things multiple times because my brain isn't able to be nervous or excited right now.

All I feel is tired, which is not bad for once. If I would think about getting married in two weeks, I would surely not be this calm.

Ten minutes later everything is packed and put into the back of the car that's waiting outside.
Scarlett hired one of her drivers to take us to the airport because their cars are bigger and we have a lot of luggage. Even though we were able to send my wedding dress over there and a few other things as well, we still have a huge suitcase each that's too big for just normal clothes.
There are a lot in there yes, but also other stuff we already bought for the wedding. Especially Rose doesn't need such a huge suitcase but we took advantage of the fact that she is traveling with us and decided she gets a big suitcase too.

Scarlett and I will only take one of them with us on the honeymoon because all our luggage for it fits in one, we already tried.
Additionally to the suitcases, we also have carry-ons with us. Scarlett's is the little suitcase with the most important things in there, mine contains stuff like food and our wallets and Rose's is filled with toys and other stuff to keep her occupied during the flight.

The last time I checked the small suitcase for the ring box was last night before we went to bed. Scarlett was understanding but also told me to stop worrying and carried me to bed.
Now she is carrying Rose who is only half awake. She's wearing comfortable clothes in which she went to bed last night, so we just have to get her to the airport. What I would give to be half asleep right now too.
But I'm not, I am awake and have to function.

The airport isn't too full and it doesn't take long to get through security and to our gate. Rose is a little more awake by now and we stroll through the airport together to look at the different shops. Scarlett is with us, a little worried after the last time where we nearly missed the flight.
I buy Rose a pack of skittles for the flight and some bottles of water so we don't have to buy the expensive one on the plane.
We spend ten minutes at a toy store that they placed strategicely next to a coffee shop where Scarlett buys her second coffee for this morning.
Rose decides she doesn't need anything from this store, which is rare, and we move on.