Clay

Clay POV

I must admit I have enjoyed the games. I had my reservations at first, but my father insisted. The games were wonderful for our community spirit, and I can't wait to expand on it further with my ideas.

I have it on good authority that one of the leaders is retiring at Glesall. My contact has hinted that they were looking favourable to me as his replacement. I have spent many years learning from my father, his teachings have been thorough and at times exhausting. It is only now that I am feeling the need to strike out on my own, and the position at Glesall is perfect.

My conscience won't let me leave this village unless it is left in capable hands. To do that I need to make provisions. Make sure Velda will prosper and continue long after I leave. I know my father will be here, but not forever.

For now, I must put my game face on.

Today I am a tour guide.

I am not interested at all. Once you have seen one female, you have seen them all. The only reason I have agreed to give this tour, is my father.

I have better thing to do. Things that will help improve and be beneficial to our village.

Unfortunately I have been overruled. Apparently it would be good for trade. The family have asked for a useless grass for starters. One that is readily available. They have already purchased this 'wheat' back in spring and the trader has nothing but good words to say about them.

We shall see how true his praise is.

Today I will introduce them to our wonderful village, listen to this family as they pick at our resources and haggle at the prices. All whilst smiling.

That's the price for politics. Sucking up to these females.

I recall how vile that Violet was. Everything about that female was abhorrent and at times depraved. In a position of power that she had used and tainted to benefit her ugly soul.

On the flip side, I will also never forget how randy Misty was, but she is not what I am looking for in a female. I do not think that promiscuous female to have any wicked intentions, she just lacked the drive and vision I desire.

I do not want to give up his passions of bettering the life of beastmen and women. Violet only wanted him for power, and Misty for his body.

One day I may find a female for me.

As I approach their huts I see a small group of five plus three children talking amongst themselves.

An impressive blonde male breaks away from the group and approaches me.

After a warm greeting and introduction I escort them to the waiting villagers.

The group include the head male Rowan, a healer Marsh. Arron and Mateo are the other two males accompanying us. There are also three children following. A very young phoenix Umber, and two young horse beastmen, Ash and Flint. To my surprise she is welcoming of their affection and holds the children's hands.

They take their time looking at each offering, asking questions. Its availability, how it is grown and harvested. What we use them for.

We are not restricted to just grasses and food stuffs. There are also baskets, woven mats, beaded jewellery. They have secured several different grasses, corn, cotton and various handfuls of nuts, fruits and flowers.

The family offer to show us some of their discoveries tomorrow afternoon. A selection that includes foods, instruments, games and other innovations. They have also promised to show my dad their chariots the following day if anyone else is interested in attending.