After I had done my night time routine, I wore one of Avy's t-shirts as it smelled of him. It reached my mid thighs and I skipped on shorts. God how I missed him. I settled in my bed and picked up my phone to call Avy. I waited for him to pick up and he did after the third ring. "Hey, baby." He answered.

"Hey, you didn't come home early today either," I could hear the disappointment in my own voice. He sighed as I heard a rustling as if he was moving paper.

"Yeah, I know I'm sorry baby. I will tell you everything tomorrow when I get home Okay?" He paused when I didn't say anything, he continued after a few beats. "I'm really sorry, Ani. I know I've been working a lot and i even came home late last night, and I hate it too, but this case against Neel is a lot more complicated than I thought. I promise I'll make it up to you."

"Avy it's just not about you coming home late it's about you not taking care of yourself. And mre over you haven't been spending time with me. Do you remember us having spent quality time together since you started working on this case. You leave early in the morning and sometimes you won't even answer my calls or text. I don't like this at all. I miss you." Frustrated tears welled up in my eyes. God why am I being so emotional. "I don't even know when you came home and left this morning." My voice cracked at the end.

"I will make it up to you. Please don't cry sweetheart. I don't like it when you cry, especially when I'm not there to console you." I wiped my tears and took a staggering breath.

"Hmm. So when are you planning to come home?"

"I will be back in an hour or two. Did you have your dinner?" He asked.

"I did. And you?"

"I don't feel like cooking so i have ordered it" I hummed. "Keep me company while I wait for it, yeah."

"Fine." I snuggled into my bed and put the phone on speaker. "How was your day Avy? Did you meet any more family members?" I mumbled.

"Sweetheart, I don't want to talk about that right now. I just want to hear your voice so I at least my night would get a little better and give me motivation to finish the work early." His voice sullen as I could hear rustling of papers form his side..

"Okay I won't. Are you working alone or are you torturing poor Mihir." He chuckled. A smile pulled on my lips hearing him laugh.

"Of course how can I let him off when I'm working? As my COO, he has to work with me when I'm working." I shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Poor Mihir doesn't even have for himself or time to pursue any girls. He is always stuck with you. It's like he is attached to your hip. Should I be jealous of him that he gets to spend so much more time with my husband than me." I teased. His hearty laugh made my core clench and sent a delicious shiver through my spine.

"Maybe you should. You know If I was interested in men then I would definitely go for Mihir." I gasped. He laughed, "I'm joking, relax." I know he's joking but still.

I scowled. "You are so bad." I whined.

"You know I can do even bad things to you and you would beg me not to stop." He whispered in his husky voice. My toes curled hearing the longing and desire in his voice. I could feel my stomach flutter imagining all the bad things he could do to me. "Stop biting your lip, baby. Only I can do that." Now I realised he is right and I was biting my lip. I released it slowly and took a deep breath to control my erratic heart beat.

"How do you know I was biting my lip?" I questioned.

"I know everything about you baby, I wouldn't have loved you to the point of obsession if I didn't know these little things about you." He paused. "I even know that you are breathing hard and you are wet for me, aren't you baby? Touch yourself and tell me I'm wrong baby." I gasped as his voice darkened with lust.