Sakusa x (gender-neutral)Reader

Start from the beginning

Either way, you ended up seeing Sakusa almost every morning. Today was one of those times. You were layered up with your bag to leave for the studio and opened the door right as Sakusa raised his hand to ring the doorbell.

"Good morning, Sakusa. I didn't expect to see you."

"Komori and I have volleyball practice."

"Oh, I'd have woken him up if I knew," you say apologetically. "The little Tanuki is still asleep."

Sakusa chuckles so lightly that you barely catch the sound.

"He does look like one."

Wow.

You awkwardly shift your bag to the other shoulder. You weren't good at making conversation. "Well, good luck with practice?"

He nods. "Enjoy your rehearsal."

"Thanks," you chuckle, waving as you jog past him. You were already a bit late, but it was all worth it. You had the honour of hearing Sakusa laugh, even if it was a little chuckle.

By the time you return home, it's well into the evening. You're tired and ready to doze off at the sight of your bed. Unlocking the door, you meet Sakusa and Komori in the living room.

"Oh, hello again, Sakusa."

He waves in return, focusing on the numerous papers on the table.

"You look tired. Did you eat?" Komori asks.

"Not enough I'm guessing, but I'll be good with some rest. Did you both eat yet?"

"We got here maybe twenty minutes ago, and Sakusa got right into it," Komori whines about his rumbling belly, and you agree to make them something. You take a well-needed shower and promptly return to the kitchen, smelling like lavender.

You don't notice, but Sakusa catches your flowery scent and finds himself looking at you more than he realizes.

I have the same body wash.

"Y/n is beautiful, I get that, but your amount of staring is concerning."

Sakusa snaps a glare toward Komori. His cousin raises his hands in surrender.

"I'm just saying. If you want to talk to Y/n, just go," Komori sighs. "It's less creepy than staring."

"...I'm bad at starting conversations."

Komori's laugh catches your attention. You peer over, wondering why Sakusa looks ready to rip his cousin's head off.

"Is everything okay?"

Komori gives you a thumbs up, still cackling from his side of the table. You shrug, returning to your pots and pans. You were making your favourite: Gyudon. It was the first thing you learned to make with your parents, and now, your top comfort food when away from home.

"Wow, that smells good!"

Komori is almost face-deep in the braising beef before you push him away.

"You could've gotten hurt," you scold him. "Just ask for a piece next time."

He nods, eager to eat what you prepared. He even cleans and sets the table. Sakusa is shocked.

"What did you do to him?" he asks, sincerely confused.

"I sometimes make his bento before I leave."

Sakusa does remember seeing Komori's more decorated-than-usual food. He thought his mom made them.

"It's one of the ways I pay them for letting me stay."

"And it's the best food I've ever tasted!" Komori exclaims. "Don't tell my mom I said that."