Sarukui x (female)Reader

Index
(D/n): Dad's name

❀∘°∘TITLE∘°∘❀
∘°∘★❀ smile ❀★∘°∘

AUTHOR'S POV

After spending her morning in bed instead of attending her volleyball practice, F/n decided to get ready for school. A mere twenty minutes later she was ready to leave. She waved to her parents who were in the kitchen before starting her lonesome journey to Fukurōdani Academy.

She started with a light jog, eventually going into a full-blown run midway there. She kept this high-intensity pace until she reached the gates. To her surprise, Sarukui was there, leaning against the wall. He waved at her sight.

"Morning."

"Why are you here?"

"Still cold as usual."

"This is how I normally am, smiley."

"I know, grumpy."

F/n rolled her eyes at the childish names. "No really, why are you here?"

"You didn't show up to the girl's practice," he said typing away on his phone. "Since I'm one of the lucky ones to not get ignored by you, I was tasked to send you a message."

ding

Smiley😊
If you skip practice one more time, you'll be suspended from the next game.

Grumpy😠
k

F/n sighed. "It's not like I need the extra practice anyway," she said, putting her phone in her bag.
Sarukui shrugged. "Don't get mad at me. That's what they told me to tell you."

"Tsk, guess I'll have to wake up earlier."

"It won't be that bad—Did you just growl?"

"Whatever, let's get to class before we're late."

Sarukui shook his head smiling. "Always so grumpy."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"...I'm not."

"You are."

TIME SKIP

F/n had asked Sarukui to personally come to her house the morning of their practice. It was a long detour but he was willing to spare the time. He knocked on the door and was greeted by her father.

"Good morning, Mr. L/n."

"Oh, Sarukui, it's been a while. How have you been?" he asked, letting him in.

"I've been well," he replied. "Busy with school and volleyball as always. Is F/n awake? She told me to pick her up."

Her father boomed with laughter. "That girl? She's still fast asleep. I'll wake her up for you."

Sarukui watched her father walk upstairs with a metal pan and spoon in hand. He stayed in the living room waiting for the moment F/n would come racing downstairs.
.