Kinoshita x (female)Reader

✩•୨୧TITLE୨୧•✩
✩•̩̩͙○♡๑•୨୧  spoiled  ୨୧•๑♡○•̩̩͙✩

AUTHOR'S POV

"You got this, Kinoshita!"

"Don't be so down all the time."

"Here, I made too much food again."

"You said you wanted new knee pads, right?"

This is how things usually went between Kinoshita and his senior F/n. The girl loved the boy to bits, spoiling him every day she could. It was painfully obvious to the team that she loved him, but Kinoshita still showed no sign of acknowledgment.

"Kinoshita! I have more curry and meat buns."

"Why does he always get food?" Tanaka whined.

F/n pulled out a second bag. "I made some for everyone this time."

The boys showered her in hugs. The group collapsed into their signature pile of celebratory feathers.

"Thank F/n for the food guys," their captain reminded them.

"Thanks, F/n!"

"You're welcome, boys." She handed the bag to their coach. Daichi sent her a grateful look, silently thanking her for saving his pocket.

"Are you working a shift tonight?" Ukai asked her.

"Yep, it's just my brother and I tonight. The parents are out." F/n handed Kinoshita his special batch of food. He thanked her, offering to lend a hand at the restaurant after cleaning up. F/n squeezed the poor boy's body, grateful she'd have help. The flustered boy tried to pry her off so he could hopefully separate their touching chests. "N-No problem."

Everyone pitched in to clean up. It didn't take long for things to be put away. When they closed the gym, the team decided to assemble at F/n's family restaurant. She wasn't having it.

"Eh? Why are you all giving me more work?"

"You don't mind working hard for Kinoshita," Daichi pointed out.

"You know why!" F/n huffed, checking her watch. Her eyes widened in panic. "I was supposed to be there 10 minutes ago?!" She ran off, leaving a dust cloud in her trail.

The volleyball crew arrived at the little restaurant and found it bustling more than usual. F/n was running around like a headless chicken from all the things she had to do. As soon as she spotted Kinoshita, she pulled him behind the counter. "Go change upstairs. Please hurry!"

He barely had time to say hello before being shoved away to change. It wasn't anything fancy. The only mandatory part was the white short-sleeved button-up shirt and the black apron that went with it. He clipped on his name tag and returned downstairs. F/n and her brother were overwhelmed. When he showed up they could breathe a little better. He took charge of reception while acting as a waiter.

He would constantly glance at F/n to make sure she was okay. She was sweaty and looked a little tired but stood. When things calmed down a little, they talked. "You holding up okay?"

"Yeah, I just wasn't expecting the rush," F/n sighed. "I have homework to do after this too." She clasped her has above her head, stretching her body awake. "At least now it's chaos sans the chaotic team."

Kinoshita placed an encouraging hand on her shoulder. "The night is almost over. Another hour and you can close up shop."

Her energy returned. "You're right! Let's give it our all."

"Get back to work lovebirds."

"Mind your own business, birdbrain!"

Her brother flipped her off, returning to his cooking. The remaining hour, thankfully, passed quickly. She closed the restaurant and started cleaning. Kinoshita helped her until the end. Her brother left for his house and F/n went upstairs with Kinoshita. "Thanks for helping back there. I'll pay your labour."

"No need. You give me enough food as payment." Kinoshita yawned, purposely taking up much space on the couch. "You never told me why though."

She snickered. "Right, I haven't told you the reason I bring you food all the time."

"I'm here aren't I?"

F/n playfully shoved him off the couch, laughing when he glared. "Can I tell my little story?"

"It's only fair after you pushed me off the couch."

"Shush before I change my mind." F/n laid comfortable, peering down at the boy. "The truth is, you're always on my mind. Ever since I've started bringing buns, I've kinda just associated you with said food. So whenever I make buns, I end up thinking of you. By the time I realize I'm spacing out, I have a bunch of extra ones."

"So you think of me, huh?"

"Yeah," she replied, smiling. "I like you a lot you know."

"What's there to like about me?"

"If I start talking, we're going to be up all night," F/n answered without an ounce of joke in her tone.

Realizing she was serious, Kinoshita blushed. "Is that why you spoil me so much?"

"Mhm, my mom did the same for my dad. I'm following her methods," F/n giggled. "Is it working?"

"Yes," Kinoshita answered.

"I'm glad, Hisashi-kun."

TIME SKIP [UNIVERSITY]

"F/n, we're going to head out for drinks, you coming?"

"Thanks, Kuroo, but I have a date."

"Oya? Who's the lucky guy?"

"F/n!"

"Hisashi!"

The Karasuno third-year caught his girlfriend, spinning her around. "Ready for our date?"

"Yep! Bye Kuroo!"

"See ya, F/n-chan!"

The couple walked away, holding hands. Kinoshita noticed F/n's brighter smile. "Someone's in a good mood."

"Mhm, I get to go on a date with my boyfriend that I haven't seen in months." Her cheeks puffed out and she perked her lips in a pout. "I wish I was back in Miyagi. I miss working at mom's shop," she whined.

"It's been lonely there without you. Working chaotic shifts isn't as fun without you.

F/n cooed at his comment, kissing his cheek. "I missed you too, Hisashi. I promise I'll stop by as soon as I can."

"You don't have to. You're pretty busy with your studies."

"But—"

"Let me spoil you this time."

F/n blushed, not expecting him to say that. "Hai."

Kinoshita softly pecked her lips, then her forehead. F/n averted her gaze, embarrassed. "Can we go watch the movie now?"

"Yes, let's go Miss Kinoshita."

"What did my mom tell you?"

"She said: 'Take care of my daughter, dear. She tends to lose her head at times.' I'm following her wishes."

"Gah, why is she so embarrassing?"

"I have to listen to my in-laws."

"Kinoshita—"

kiss

"Love you, F/n."

"...Love you too, Sashi-kun."