Sakusa x (gender-neutral)Reader

Sakusa didn't like the idea of studying at Komori's place. His sisters were like cats: constantly shedding.

"Relax, someone helped me clean," Komori assures him. "The place is spotless."

Unlocking the door, Sakusa is more than surprised. Whoever helped Komori clean was just as thorough as he was.

"Y/n?" Komori shakes you, sleeping on the couch. "Y/n, wake up."

Startled, you sit up, rubbing your eyes. "Komori? Did you need something?"

"Nope, just thought you'd be more comfortable sleeping in your room," he chuckles. You yawn, standing up to stretch your back. Only then do you notice Sakusa, masked up and confused.

"Oh? You must be Komori's cousin. Sakusa Kiyoomi, right? I'm Y/n, one of his older sister's friends. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

"We'll be in my room studying," Komori tells you, motioning Sakusa to follow. The boy bows to you and goes after Komori. You watch him leave and smile.

"That's why Komori asked me to help him clean."

Later in the evening, hours after meeting you, Sakusa grows curious.

"Who is Y/n exactly?"

Komori taps his pen to his cheek, pensive. "A ballet dancer. They recently joined a company nearby. I don't remember the name."

That explains the muscles. Even my calves are that sharp, Sakusa thought, remembering the visible tone of your legs in your shorts.

"They needed a place to stay, and we had a spare room, so my parents agreed."

Knock

Knock

"Can I come in?" You peek your head in, holding a plate of sliced apples. Sakusa looks even more surprised when he notices the Umeboshi on the side.

"Sure!" Komori makes space, and you set the plate down. Sakura takes a closer look at you.

Are all ballerinas this pretty? he wondered.

"Sakusa?"

"Hm?" You had called him. "Yes?"

"You were spacing out a bit."

"Yeah, are you alright?" Komori knew Sakusa wasn't in his environment. Maybe it was stressing him out more than usual.

"Want to go home? We still have a lot of time before our test."

"I guess."

"I'll pack the plums for you," You say, retreating to the kitchen. You diligently clean a container, dry it and transfer the plums with a few extras. Sakusa hesitates to take the bowl at first.

"It's properly sanitized, Sakusa." You smile as he relaxes, grabbing the container.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Komori walks him out and returns with a mischievous expression.

"We didn't have plums in the fridge this morning," he says. "Don't tell me you went out and bought some."

"You said your closest cousin was coming over, and I wanted to make a good first impression."

Komori pats your back, laughing at your flustered expression.

"Trust me; you made a perfect first impression."

***

You didn't realize how close the cousins were until you came to see Sakusa multiple times a week. They were stuck to each other like paper and glue. Or a piece of gum on your shoe that refuses to come off.