Sakunami x (gender-neutral)Reader

Index
(B/f/n): best friend's name

・゚✧TITLE✧・゚
✧・゚:* mine*:・゚✧

F/N'S POV

I woke up in the morning groggy enough to pass out again. So I did. I returned under the covers and slept. It's not like I'm normally on time anyway.

***

I walked to my second class after sleeping through the first one. I yawned, still dazed from the shitty night of sleep. When I pushed the door open, no one batted an eye.

"Have a seat, L/n," my teacher said, still writing on the board. I trailed my feet to my desk, sat on my chair and lazily paid attention. Resting my chin on the palm of my hair, I doodled in what was supposed to be a notebook. Not anymore.

Eventually, I set my pen down and closed my eyes. A few seconds later, my head went, dunking into the table, causing the class to look back. When they realized it was me, they went back to the lecture.

"Again?" (B/f/n) whispered. "There's a reason I tell you to sleep head on the desk."

"I just closed my eyes for a second, I swear."

"A second too late," they scolded. I shrugged and did my best to pay attention, but I knew it was pointless once I saw my phone screen light up.

M E S S A G E S
shorty
Are you at school?

little giant
yeah

shorty
I heard you were late

little giant
i was tired
im sorry

shorty
Please make an effort to be on time.
You'll get detention again.

little giant
waking up in the morning is haaaaard sakuuu

shorty
f/n

little giant
fine
ill try

shorty
😊
See you at lunch❣️

"Who's got you smiling like that?" (B/f/n) nudged my side. I swatted their arm away with a scowl. You already know who's making me smile, dummy.

We bickered back and forth until the teacher got fed up.

"L/n, (B/f/n), detention at lunch."

I glared at my annoying friend, who quickly averted their gaze.

"F/n, stop bothering (B/f/n) and pay attention."

My jaw dropped, but I resisted the urge to crush my deskmate. "Yes, sensei."

I firmly ignored (B/f/n) until lunchtime. While everyone left, we stayed back. We handed in our phones and "reflected" on our previous class disturbance. I tapped my finger on the desk to pass the time, something that bothered (B/f/n) to no end.

Payback

When the teacher excused themselves for a few minutes, I was at (B/f/n)'s throat.

"You piece of shit! You just had to get us into trouble."

"Me! You're the one texting in class!"

"And that wouldn't have been a problem if you kept your mouth shut!"

"Aww, is the baby mad because they can't see their precious boyfriend?"

I shoved my desk at theirs, effectively shutting them up. I raised a leg on the toppled desk, glaring at my friend. "You should know by now that there's a limited amount of your bullshit that I can tolerate. So don't fucking push it."

"Geez, I was only kidding."

"Yeah, now and the other ten times," I scoffed. I sat at another desk at the far front of the class. I took out my lunch and angrily ate it. Just when things couldn't get any worse, I bit my tongue.

"Motherfucker that hurt like a bitch," I hissed, setting down my lunch.

This day is so full of shit.

***

"And remember to finish reading chapters 5 through 10 for tomorrow's class. We'll be analyzing their contents."

I swung my bag over my shoulder and hurried out of class. Annoyed with how the day went, I was ready to fight the next person to dare call my name.

"F/n!"

I fuckin swear–

"F/n, slow down, would you!"

I stopped rigidly midstep. I swivelled on my heel, picking up the person who ran towards me. A small pair of arms wrapped around my neck.

"I missed you too."

I bent down enough for his feet to touch the ground but stayed hooked onto him. "Kōsuke-chan, please tell me you don't have practice."

"I have practice?"

Fuck.

I growled lowly, pissed that the universe was intent on keeping me away from Kōsuke. He noticed and gently patted my head.

"I'll come over later, okay?"

I nodded and let him go. He pulled me back down for a quick kiss and jogged away. I sighed, picked up my dropped bag and continued my path home.

I'm so done.

I went home and didn't bother eating, going straight to my room. I tossed my bag and changed into sweats and a loose shirt. I dropped onto my bed and went to sleep.

I couldn't care less about how this day ends anymore.

I was lightly shaken awake. I rubbed my eyes, trying to figure out who had woken me up. I rolled onto my stomach. I was happy Kōsuke arrived but felt the day's frustration creep up on me. I felt a soft hand on my arm.

"Kōsuke."

"It's me–why are you crying?"

"I don't know," I whined, burying my face in my arms. The bed sank, and Kōsuke's hand gently stroked my head. I looked up in time for him to kiss my forehead. He wiped whatever tears were left and patted his lap. I happily obliged to rest my head on his legs.

"You've gained muscle," I noticed, prodding at his quads.

"I did? That's good!" He looked proud of the gain, and it made me happy for him. I leaned up, using my hand as support. Once I was fully seated, I caressed his cheek. I always liked Kōsuke and found his small stature quite cute. His eyes, his soft smile; I loved everything about him.

"You're spacing out again," he said, leaning into my palm.

"I'm not," I replied, dipping my head down. "You're the one distracting me."

He laughed. "I can't control that F/n."

"I didn't say I minded." I leaned in, capturing his lips in a kiss.

I'm addicted to this boy.

I pulled away, still not dropping my hand from his face. "Kōsuke, don't leave me."

"I won't, F/n."

"Promise?"

"I promise, F/n. I won't leave you." He smiled. "I love you."

I hummed and let my chin drop onto his head. "I love you too, Kōsuke."

He giggled and raised his head, looking into my eyes. His hand reaches for my hair, trailing his fingers through it. I shivered slightly.

"Can we cuddle?"

"You're needier than usual today," Kōsuke noted.

"And that's fine," I replied. We shifted positions, and soon I was spooning him. I buried my face in his neck, closing my eyes.

"You're mine, Kōsuke-chan. And I promise I'll take care of you."

Because you're my boyfriend.