Kuroo x (gender-neutral)Reader

★☾TITLE☽★
。☾★tolerate 𝕄𝔼★☽ 。

AUTHOR'S POV

The halls of Nekoma were crowded with energy. People were bustling right and left. Gossip was sneaking its way in the unsuspecting student's ear. Some news, in particular, seemed to top everything heard so far. A new student, a second-year in class one. A person with an aggressive appearance and an equally chilling way of talking. Someone they thought unapproachable to the cats of Nekoma high.

"A total cutie!"

"Ask them out. I dare you."

"Those eyes are to die for."

"Body, just body~"

Well, at least you thought you were unapproachable. After introducing yourself, it wasn't long before the comments started swarming. It got on your nerves. You tried ignoring the multiple stares from your classmates, only for your efforts to cause the opposite effect. Your pen furiously scratched at your paper, slowly but surely, soothing your rage. This would go on until the break. You were quick to escape, far from the eyes, from the talk. You wanted peace. But life wasn't going to give you any.

"L/n-san, where are you going?"

You ignored the voice and kept walking, but they followed.

"L/n-san, slow down—Oof!"

Upon impact with your back, you scowled. Your head peered back at the chatterbox. "What do you want, pest?"

"E-Eh! That's rude! I just wanted to know if you would join my friends and I for lunch later."

You scowled. Everything about her from her sickeningly sweet eyes to her ear-piercing high voice annoyed you. "And I don't want a pest like you crawling at my feet. Take a hint and fuck off."

You spun on your heel, leaving your classmate on the floor. "People are so annoying."

TIME SKIP

"Yamamoto, you look like you saw a ghost," Yaku said.

"My new classmate is terrifying!"

"You mean L/n F/n! They're in your class?! No way!" Inuoka exclaimed. "I heard they were in a gang before."

"Some people are even saying that they transferred to hide from their boss," Lev continued. "Apparently, they were hired as an escort and things went south when the boss got interested. So they fled."

"Huh, that's a new one."

"E-Eh!!!" The whole team freaked out. You were casually seated right next to them and had heard everything. You glanced over, smirking. "Don't let me stop you. I'd love to know about my escort past. Please, do continue."

The boys remained dead silent. You dumped your remaining food, your appetite now spoiled. You walked over to the unfortunate first years. They both stiffened from the hard grip on their shoulders.
"A word of advice. Don't talk unless you're ready to defend your words."

You left the cafeteria, letting the boys depressurize. Inuoka and Lev were viciously sweating with pale faces.

"Yaku-san, am I going to die?"