Aran x (female)Reader

Index
A: Aran
Y: Y/n
Ar: Arata

AUTHOR'S POV

The sun peeked through your bedroom window, filling your room with light and forcing your eyes to open. You groaned and tried falling back asleep, head stuffed under your blanket. But your phone screen lit up again, blaring your ringtone without stopping.

"Ugh, Mondays," you sighed, reaching for the device.

Y: Hello?
A: Good morning.
Y: It's Monday, and the sun is shining; it's not a good morning.
A: Always such a grump.
Y: What do you want, Aran?
A: Is it wrong to want to talk to my friend?
Y: I'm hanging up.
A: I'll see you at lunch–
Y: Please don't.

You hung up, dragging yourself to the kitchen and mentally thanked your brother for making food before he left. You scarfed down a few pancakes while scrolling through your socials until the doorbell rang, breaking your peace. You frowned. Only one person would be here at this time.

"Did you have to–"

"Y/n-nee!"

You held yourself as a boy jumped into your arms, surprised. It wasn't Aran. "Why are you here? And where's your brother?"

"Nii-chan was running late, so he told me to come see you. Can you bring me to school?"

"Me? Where are your parents?"

"They went on a trip and are coming back tomorrow."

You sighed, resisting the urge to facepalm. You were opening and couldn't wait to drop Aran's little brother at school.

Either I go to work with him and drop him off later, or he stays with me all day.

"Aran owes me big time."

You gave him a plate of pancakes and told him to stay put while you changed. You returned 20 minutes later, in uniform, with your bag slung over your shoulder.

"Do you know your mom's number?"

"Yep!"

You hand him your phone, sliding on some Crocs. "Can you call them for me while we're in the car?"

"Can I sit at the front?"

"I don't know. Only big kids can sit at the front."

He puffed his cheeks, pouting, arms crossed. You chuckled and ruffled his curly hair. "I'm kidding. You can sit in the front."

"Yes!"

He rushed to put on his shoes and ran out the door. You dragged your feet after him, locking the door.

"Seatbelt?"

"Locked and loaded!"

Starting the car, you drive out to work.

It's going to be a long day.

***

After spending the morning on your feet, you took a break. It didn't help that one of your coworkers suddenly called in sick. Your managers asked you to cover for them until the rush was over, and boy, were you annoyed.

"I'm so fed up with this shit."

"You said a bad word!"

Flicking the kid's forehead, you snatched your phone from his hands, checking the power. "Did you charge my phone?"

"Yep!"

"Huh, you're good for one thing." You tossed him the phone. "Did your parents end up answering?"