Onagawa x (gender-neutral) Reader

﹤♡TITLE♡﹥
•♡﹤in the end﹥♡•

AUTHOR'S POV

Another morning of online schooling. Another day of students stressing to get through their day mentally intact. You had been awake since seven that morning with a questionable night of sleep. Walking to the kitchen with a headache, you decided to workout later and relieve some physical tension.

You opened your laptop and sat down at the dining table to attend yet another boring synchronous lecture. Your eyes watered with tears at every stretched yawn. All you wanted was to sleep all morning.

"Morning classes are such a bother."

You connected to the meeting and listened to the professor rattle on about health and all its different definitions. Your sister Nao, soon joined you to complete her assigned homework. She rubbed her eyes, still waking up herself.

"Good morning Nao, how are you?"

"Tired," she said, catching another yawn in her hand. "What class are you watching?"

"Still trying to figure that out," you replied, well past half-asleep. "Do you want something to eat?"

"Cereal please!"

You made her a bowl of cereal with some apple slices on the side and returned to your boring lecture. You munched on peanut butter toast while trying to keep up with everything your professor was saying.

INCOMING CALL ..... sleepy💤💙
[ACCEPT] DECLINE

F: Hello, you're on speaker.
O: Morning sleepy.
F: That's your name.
N: Onagawa-nii!
O: You have energy this morning. How are you Nanao?
N: Good! N/n gave me cereal!
O: F/n is a good sibling.
N: Mhm!
F: Alright, how about you tell me why you called?
O: Want me to come over to work on the term paper?
F: Sure. Right after this class?
O: I'll swing by later, around 13:00.
F: No problem. See you then, sleepy.
O: See you later, sleeper.

CALL ENDED 📳 [📴]

"Can I play with Onagawa-nii when he comes over?" Naomi asked.

I ruffled her, telling her she would have to another day. I tried my best to pay attention but my motivation was plummeting by the second. I forced myself to push my phone away to focus on what the professor was saying. Thankfully, it went by quickly and I could finally leave class.

I ran up to my room changing into a pair of (f/c) biker shorts and a white cropped sleeveless top. I put on a sweater, and some sweatpants and went downstairs to fill my bottle in the kitchen.

"Nao, where are mom and dad?"

"In their room," she answered. I went back upstairs and saw them both discussing. Probably some family drama. It's always a drama.

"I'm going to the gym."

"In this weather? You're staying home," my mom said. I internally sighed.

"Mom, it's not even that cold. Sure it's snowing but it's not that bad," I tried to reason.

"You can exercise here."