Kunimi x (female)Reader

╔══ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══╗
Flashbacks in italic
╚══ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══╝

≫≫TITLE≪≪
≫°✺talk to ME✺°≪

AUTHOR'S POV

Kunimi checked his messages before heading to the gym. His lock screen was lit up with 10 new messages, all from his girlfriend, F/n. Nine random pictures of clouds and a message featuring the starry-eyed emoji. He sighed. "She has so much energy already."

"Looks like you're in trouble," Kindaichi teased. Kunimi glared at the taller boy who raised his arms in mock surrender. Kunimi put his phone away, recalling how he ended up meeting her in the first place. That day, he'll never forget.

══ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══
It was a quiet morning. Kunimi just left his house for practice. Face tucked inside his jacket he walked to school. He turned a corner and crashed into another person, sending them both to the ground.

"Ack! Bubblegum! I'm sorry!" yelled a female voice. The girl helped him up, repeatedly apologizing. Kunimi kept insisting he was fine but she insisted on compensating him. "How about I walk you to school? You go to Seijoh, right? Volleyball? Think so, it looks like it. I—"

"It's fine. Honestly, you don't have to do anything."

The girl shook her head. "At least let me give you my number. That way you can call me when you need a favour!"

He wanted to say it was alright but it was already too late. She grabbed his hand, writing her number on the back. "Let's meet again!"

She left as fast as she crashed into him. Kunimi eyed the number, sighing. "Let's not."

He got to practice already, drained."Who in the world had so much energy so early?"
══ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══

"Kunimi, we're doing diving drills," Kindaichi said.

Kunimi frowned.

"Let's go all—"

"No."

TIME SKIP [LUNCH]

"And then, I saw the prettiest cloud. Look, it's like cotton candy!"

"Your pictures are so cute!"

Kunimi watched his girlfriend and team captain gossip about basically nothing. He couldn't tell what annoyed him the most. Them talking or F/n ignoring him for someone else.

"F/n?"

"Yes, Akira?"

"Remember that time you followed me around for a day?"

"Mhm! It was my first day here. I—"

And just like that, she was no longer talking to Oikawa, now deep into her storytelling.

══ ≪≫°✺°≪ ≫ ══
F/n was excited for her first day at Aoba Johsai. She was most excited about seeing the boy she met the other day. She hurried her way to class, 1-3. She was hoping to find him there but he wasn't. "Maybe I'll see him at break? Waaaah! I don't even know what year he's in! Maybe a third year? He was tall. Who am I kidding? Everyone is tall! I'll never find him at this rate."