Chapter 50

When Ryan woke he found himself wrapped up in Quin's arms, his face smashed into the side of Quin's neck. He smiled to himself happily, the feeling of contentment only broken when Snow made his presence known with a growl.

"I really never saw this from you, Ryan. What was that? I mean I know you aren't the forceful type, but to roll over so easily like that... What the hell were you thinking?!" Snow chastised.

Ryan frowned, trying to think clearly about what happened last night.

The memory of Quin's dominance played in Ryan's mind, the feeling of submissive need it had caused in Ryan was still very fresh. It had been exciting and alluring to watch, to see Quin stalk and take control of him with ease.

There was no doubt in Ryan's mind now that Quin was some sort of Alpha, whatever he was becoming must have a sort of caste system too and Quin was definitely at the top.

"Quin's an Alpha... You know he is, you've felt it too. It just felt right, and you might not approve but... I liked submitting to him, it was freeing and safe. He's our mate and I want to be what he needs as much as he wants to be what we need."

Snow grumbled and paced inside Ryan, his face a contortion of annoyance and confusion.

"Quin has done so much to try and be good for us, shouldn't we do the same for him?" Ryan added, bringing a groan and rolled eyes from Snow.

"It's not about that, it's the principal of the thing Ryan! We haven't even mounted him yet, until then I... I can't deal with it Ryan, it just feels wrong." Snow finished, shaking slightly as he realized he was afraid.

He'd never felt threatened before, never felt an urge to submit. The two times he had gone up against other Alpha's he had come out on top, and never once felt the need to submit.

Ryan slowly sat up, being careful not to wake Quin as he swallowed a lump of guilt.

Sure this was Ryan's body, but it was also Snow's body too. And Snow was obviously not comfortable with what happened.

"I'm sorry, Snow. I won't do it again if it makes you feel uncomfortable. It just felt good to not be the one in control for a change, and Quin was very good to us..."

Snow sighed, still deeply confused. He had hidden in the background, but even he had to admit that the rush of excitement and almost taboo feeling of submission had been exciting.

But he was an Alpha Wolf, and until he had claimed Quin as his own, he just couldn't think about this.

"Look... Just don't do it again until we have mounted him. The confusion would drive me nuts..." Snow stated, a little annoyed at how easily he was willing to consider this new development.

Ryan gave a small sigh, glad that they had managed to come to an understanding. He didn't often feel submissive, and certainly hadn't ever had the urge to submit before Quin but... Now he had felt it, he was inextricably pulled to the idea of having a more equal and balanced relationship.

It felt right, and also respectful of Quin's obvious Alpha aspects that were starting to emerge along with his power.

Ryan watched as Quin slept, a content expression on his peaceful face. He couldn't help but admire Quin, his resilience to the horrible things he had gone through was incredible, and the strength he was still showing now was just as inspiring.

When Quin finally woke, Ryan was already dressed and sat watching TV. He beamed over at Quin when he saw Quin lift his head sleepily from the pillow, looking around blurrily at the room.

Quin's head was fuzzy as he first woke, reaching out for Ryan's comfort. When he found nothing but air he had a moment of panic, his mind flashing back to last night.