Chapter 46

The streets were packed, reporters, camera crews and civilians alike lined the streets trying to get a glimpse of Quin. When they finally arrived at the Enforcement offices, they were ushered in like wanted criminals as cameras and microphones were shoved in their faces

The whole thing was a nightmarish media circus, and Quin never thought he would be so relieved to see the inside of an interview room in his life.

Once the two of them were alone, Ryan began to pace angrily in the small interview room they had been left in. Quin watched his own reflection in the large mirror on the wall, an odd feeling coming over him.

That was one of those one way window things, people could look in on them, but they wouldn't see out.

"What the actual fuck is going on?!" Ryan suddenly exclaimed, slamming a fist on the table in frustration.

Quin got up and placed a hand on Ryan's shoulder, subtly nodding towards the mirror.

"Stay calm, they can watch us from the other side of that." Quin whispered.

Ryan wrinkled his face before taking a quick look over at the mirror, looking back at Quin with a raised brow.

"Seriously?!" He mouthed, Quin nodding in confirmation.

He could sense them, standing behind the glass, watching... Waiting for them to say something they could use, for them or against them he wasn't sure but they didn't seem too impressed with the media presence outside.

"Andersen has lost his mind if he thinks trying to badmouth you to the press will save his son. Trent crossed our borders after expressly being forbidden by both his Father and me from doing so! That in and of it's self was more than enough for us to retaliate, but attacking Niles? Trying to rape him? By all rights I should have killed him, and I would have been within my right to do so!" Ryan said, trying not to look at the mirror on the wall too much.

"But you didn't retaliate, I did and that seems to be the problem..." Quin said, fiddling with the cuffs on his wrists.

"Your my fated mate, Quin. That makes you the Lunar of our Pack, you were doing what comes naturally for a Lunar..."

Ryan walked over to Quin, gently stroking his neck before kissing his forehead. Quin shivered at the touch, leaning into Ryan's chest and rubbing his head to Ryan's neck.

Quin didn't know why but he felt the overwhelming need to coat himself in Ryan's scent, to be surrounded by it and have it cling to his skin and clothes.

Ryan gave off a low grumble as he nuzzled Quin's face, scenting him. If he couldn't mark Quin, he would make damned sure everyone would scent that Quin was his mate.

"But I d..don't bare your... your mark..." Quin whispered, a sudden flush of heat spreading through his body.

It was like something inside him was screaming and begging to be marked, the usual quiet nagging he had been feeling lately was now a howling wail.

Ryan inhaled deeply as Quin's scent seemed to bloom like an exotic flower, tempting and inviting as pine and rain mixed with something almost erotic. He had to try and control himself, acutely aware of that mirror on the wall. But the urge was building steadily and in desperation he took hold of Quin's hips, who made a small nervous noise as Ryan guided him to the corner of the room.

The cold wall pressed against Quin's back, Ryan's body pressed against his front. He felt oddly safe like this, where as in the past he would have felt trapped.

The feeling of being surrounded and hidden by Ryan was good, he didn't even mind that he could feel Ryan's possessiveness rising steadily. It was strangely inviting, to give into that need Quin had been hiding lately.