Chapter 6

Ryan's P.O.V
(Inner wolf voice indicated by italics)

The room goes silent for a moment, before everyone starts smiling and congratulating me, I can't help but smile myself but a part of me is still apprehensive, like my wolf can't quite understand it all.

"I'm so happy for you!" My Mother, Gail says as she hugs me so tight to her 5'4 frame that I'm almost bent double.

"Ah thanks Mum.." I say as Kyle whacks me on the back with a grin.

"So happy for you bro, it's the best feeling in the world when you meet them, and you feel the bond pull! So tell us all about her, who is she? Do you know how old she is? Where's she from?"

My heart stops beating for a moment, I know it sounds silly but I never thought I would have to come out to anyone. Not that I was hiding it but, I guess in a way I just assumed everyone knew like they do with straight people... I guess I can be a bit dense at times but, I figured that since I never showed any interest in women that people would just know.

It wasn't like being gay was seen much different from being straight by Werewolves, you even had some Omega male wolves who could actually carry pups. So in my mind I just never realized I would have to explain it to anyone, but I guess I was wrong.

"Ah... um... s..sit down Kyle.." I said ushering him to my desk chair, his face pulling into a confused frown.

"My mates not a woman... his name is Quentin, or Quin for short. He is 26 and I think he lives in New York right now..."

Kyle seems to go blank for a moment, from across the room I hear Duke snigger and Dutch roll her eyes, pull out her wallet and pass him money.

"You're gay..?" Kyle asks, a bewildered look on his face that somehow makes me feel slightly guilty.

"Yes Kyle, I'm gay"

"Since when?" Kyle asks, my wolf roars with laughter however I don't find this quite as funny as he does.

"The hell do you mean, 'since when' what a stupid question, since always idiot!" I say as I cross my arms in annoyance, Duke's laughter getting louder from across the room as Dutch punches his arm and tells him to hush.

"It's not stupid, Ryan. You have never said anything about being gay!"

"You never asked! I just always knew I was and since I was mateless it just never came up." A sudden fear gripped at me as I looked around the room, my Mother simply smiled at me like it was the most normal thing in the world, God's bless her. Duke was trying very hard to stop laughing as he counted the money Dutch had just forked over to him, and Dutch looked moody but not at me...

"But what about all those girls you have slept with?" Kyle suddenly says, my head going blank for a moment.

"I beg your pardon?" I ask, now in complete confusion.

"Yeah, like 6 different lasses have all said they have slept with you, some from the village, one from the north point pack, and those sisters from Shadow pride..." Kyle says standing up, with his eyebrow raised.

I end up gawping like a fish for a few moments, unsure how to respond. I have only ever had a few 'interactions' with people and they were just purely physical. None of them were out and they didn't want people knowing, which had suited me fine as I wasn't looking for anything long term.

I realize I have been standing in silence for an uncomfortable amount of time now, so I settle for shaking my head as words still aren't working for me. 6 girls?!

"Y..you haven't slept with them?" Kyle says hesitantly, probably seeing my annoyance and confusion on my face.

"Nope... I think I'd remember that" I finally manage to say, my voice deciding to come and help me finally.