Chapter 22

When Xander and Katja finally arrived, Quin had almost worn a hole in the floor from pacing in circles. He had started to pack some clothes, but couldn't finish. Tried to buy his plane ticket but couldn't complete the purchase. He had even printed off a bunch of information on Callow to give to Ryan, but couldn't bare to touch it.

Xander and Katja walked over, both rather worried after receiving rather rushed calls to come over. Xander walked to Quin, stopping him mid pace, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"We're here bud, what's going on? Talk to us" He said leading Quin to the couch and sitting him down.

Quin tooth sucked in irritation, his mind was spiralling so quickly that the whole situation was now frustrating him.

Katja and Xander shared a look at the sound, he hadn't made it in a while but they both knew what it meant.

"I need to pack, for a flight I haven't booked, and sort out what I'm going to say in a conversation I don't want to have, with a guy I can't talk to without packing for a flight I haven't booked... I'm going round in circles so much in my head that I have literally been walking in circles for the last half hour!" Quin said in an annoyed tone.

"I can't make myself finish anything I need to do, and if that wasn't sanity breaking enough, I just had it confirmed that I in fact am not fully human, but no one can tell me what the fuck I am!"

He let out a frustrated sound before getting up and stomping to the fridge, grabbing a beer and popping off the cap with his ring. He threw the cap in the bin and resumed his pacing, Katja and Xander watching him.

"Wait you aren't human? But Quin I drink yours and Greg's blood for my birthday, if you weren't human I'd taste it!" Katja said, Quin simply shrugging.

"It was something to do with Callows forced mark, because it was forced on me before I came of age. Any development of my powers were suppressed by the bite mark, so I basically stayed human... Now it's gone, I'm going to change but I don't know what's going to happen to me. There's no one left alive who can tell me..."

Xander sighed and Katja came over to Quin and hugged him, he pulled away quite quickly however because he could feel himself starting to cry, and he couldn't do what he needed to get done if he broke down again.

"How can we help you bud, what do you need from us?" Xander asked, Quin tooth sucked again as his annoyance with himself and lack of ability to function grated at his insides.

Katja turned and walked to the staircase before pointing at Xander.

"I'm going to finish packing his bag, you help him book a flight and get whatever he needs to get together sorted and in a file. Then when we are done we will all sit down and Quin is going to go over what he wants to say to Ryan, and we can help him word it the best we can ok?"

Quin paused in his pacing as Xander headed for the computer and Katja went upstairs, he couldn't believe how wonderful his friends were, didn't know what he had done to deserve such good people in his life, but he was so very grateful.

After an hour Katja had packed his duffel with all his warmest clothes, accessories, and bathroom products. Xander had booked him a flight that would leave in 2 days, also booking him a hotel room for a week. He had helped Quin to sort out the information on Callow and put it in a file, and had even typed out some bullet points for things Quin wanted to talk about.

They spent the next few hours discussing what Quin wanted to address, how he would go about it and what he would do if things didn't go well. Quin decided that he wanted to meet Ryan at the hotel, away from the pack so they could have the difficult conversation in private. There were bound to be some disagreements, the reporters as Quin suspected had been announcing that he was in the process of officially dissolving his bond, with pictures of them in the waiting room and footage of them leaving the Lunar Council building.