Chapter 15

A final attempt at first person, I don't think I will do any more like this. I'm more comfortable writing in third person, so I'm going to stick with what I'm comfortable with. Any comments are more than welcome, take care!

Ryan's P.O.V
(Inner wolf indicated in italics)

We talked for a while about a lot of things, until I noticed Quin was shivering a little from the cold now we weren't moving about. Standing up we slowly headed back towards the worksite, the guys who were building looking at me nervously.

Remembering how abrupt I had been I tried to lessen their worry by smiling, and getting Quin to show me the work they were doing.

I had no idea Quin was so good at building, he had really contributed more to the project than just the money for supplies and lumber.

I actually assumed he would be more of an Omega type, shy and nervous as he seemed. However he was very active, strong and driven with his work, and I have to admit I was very happy about that.

Now I have nothing against Omegas, they are gentle, sweet and kind, loyal to their mates and family, and are content to care for the children and elderly members of the pack. They are a vital part of pack structure and very motivated to produce pups, it's just part of their biological drive.

It is very common for Alphas to pair with Omegas, as they are naturally submissive and Alpha's like me tend towards more dominant behaviour, so the two positions fit neatly together. Plus producing pups seems to be a big thing with a lot of Alphas, carrying on the bloodline and all that, and Omegas want nothing more than to have a family. I'm not against kids, but I just assumed I wouldn't have any myself.

I admit that most male Omegas had the sort of look I was attracted to, however I have always liked a guy with a bit more muscle, some fire in them, someone who got stuck in and didn't mind some hard work, unafraid to stand up for themselves and for others.

Quin's display at the dock when he defended Niles against Trent, and all the physical labor he had been doing around the community just showed that Quin was indeed not an Omega type.

He had that graceful and effeminate beauty to him that Omega guys had, but he was also toned and shaped more athletically. Sure all the other Omegas loved him and he was great with the kids, but watching him work on the workshop showed him in his element, a gentle glisten to his skin and determination on his brow. It was enthralling to me.

He was like the perfect combination of an Omega type look, with the attitude and character of a warrior or Beta. And I was totally down for it.

The afternoon was very productive as I helped Quin and the others to finish the outer frame of the workshop, by the time early evening came we had finished the frame ready for the walls and roof to go up.

I lead Quin back to the house, growing concerned as he scrunched his face, rubbing his temple and neck. He said he was getting a migraine, and that he suffered from them quite frequently.

For the first time Snow let out a soft whine of sympathy, Quin's obvious discomfort actually upsetting him instead of his usual indifference that I had grown used to over the weeks. I took him to the kitchen where Mum was just starting to prep food for evening meal.

She turned and spotting that we were both together and not arguing, beaming at us both with a joyous smile.

"Well hello you two! How are you both this evening?" She asked coming over and giving us both a hug.

It was at that moment that Quin stumbled as he held his head, grabbing hold of the table for support.

"Are you ok Quin?" I asked, instinctually reaching out to support him. He winced at the contact however and I briefly felt upset by this. Then I remembered what he had said about the headaches and sickness he was getting when he was around me.