I Need You Girl

He meets Poppy in the family waiting room. "I told her I love her, and she turned away from me. I don't care if her body is scarred. I'm in love with her."

Poppy smiles at Namjoon, "I know you are, and I know she loves you too, she told me."

"What?!" asks Namjoon.

"Yes, she does. Let me go talk to her." He sits down while Poppy goes to your room. A nurse stops her and briefly asks her to return to the family waiting room.

The curtains are closed to the large doors to your room, and Poppy can't see inside.

"Is she ok? What's wrong?"

The nurse says, "They are doing some testing right now and checking her wounds. I will come and get you as soon as they are done."

Poppy nods and heads back to the waiting room, where she tells Namjoon. Half an hour later, the same nurse came to let Poppy know that she can see you now.

Poppy approaches your room, and the doctor is in the room with a nurse and respiratory tech. He is going over your chart and quietly talking with you.

He looks up as Poppy asks, "What's happening?"

Leaving the other news he was just discussing with you, he says, "Her swelling has gone down in her throat, and the sutures are healing well. There are no signs of infection. Her oxygen levels are excellent, so we are going to remove the breathing tube today."

You gently clap your hands for joy, and Poppy is so relieved, "Oh, I am so happy, baby girl!" She hugs you and steps back while they set up to remove the tube.

The doctor says, "It may be sore to talk for the first couple of days, so rest your voice. Keep using your pen and paper if you need to."

It didn't take long before the respiratory tech asked you to cough as she removed the tube. After it was out, the doctor listened to your lungs and looked at your throat. "Excellent, everything looks good."

He pats your shoulder. "You have done very well, young lady. You should be going home in a few days."

They leave you alone with Poppy, and you think you know what is coming by the unhappy look on her face.

Poppy is holding your hand, and you notice her face no longer looks happy.

She says, "I told Jooni to come talk to you. Why did you hurt him like that? I know you love him. You told me you did, and I know he loves you."

Your embarrassment shows on your face, and you turn away from Poppy. Your eldest sister, Poppy, has had enough.

She scolds you, "If you think for one minute that scarring will make him love you less or not at all, then YOU, my dear sister, are not worthy of his love. You will not find a more loving, caring, and understanding man if you force him to walk away."

You look back at your sister and nod your head. You knew she was right.

You gesture for her to come closer, and with a raspy whisper, you say, "Please get . . ." You grimace as you swallow.

Poppy holds a cup and straw to your lips. You take a few sips, give her a nod, and smile.

You swallow and try to talk again, and with a raspy whisper, you say, "Get Namjoon."

Smiling, Poppy rushes to get him. She sees Namjoon sitting, staring sadly out the window.

"Jooni?" she softly calls him.

He turns and looks at her, his face so sad that Poppy walks over and hugs him. "She is asking for you."

He looks up and says, "She wants to see me?"

"Yes, she does." Namjoon can't understand why Poppy is smiling as he heads to your room. He enters and sees the breathing tube is gone.

Your eyes meet, and he says, "They took it out. I guess now you can tell me how you really feel, and I will go."

He looks so defeated. You gesture for him to come close, and when he is close enough, you reach out and take hold of his hand.

You pull him closer so he can hear you whisper, "I love you too."

Namjoon breaks down in tears and gently rests his head on your shoulder. "I need you, girl."

Then he looks at you and says, "You are everything to me. I need you, and I want you. Please say you'll be my leading lady in the story of my life and marry me?" You nod, smiling.

He turns to Poppy as he hears her enter the room, "She said yes."

Surprised, Poppy hugs him and then hugs you. "Congratulations." She is happy for you both but wasn't expecting the marriage proposal. A confession of love, yes, but not marriage. 'Lilly said he fell fast and hard.'

He looks around the room excitedly and starts pacing, grabbing his phone from his pocket.

"I have to tell the guys!!"

Namjoon suddenly comes to a complete standstill, and Poppy pushes a chair under him just as he faints. He now knows the answer to "Is this love?"

After almost losing you, Namjoon doesn't want to wait to get married. On the day you were to be discharged from the hospital, you had a private wedding in the hospital chapel. Yoongi, Poppy, Lilly, Hobi, and Taehyung were there as witnesses.

You are wheeled into the chapel, and the nurse helps you stand beside Namjoon. You grimace a little and say, "Owe."

Namjoon lovingly asks, "Are you ok?" You nod and smile back.

Yoongi leans close to Poppy and says, "See, just like I tell everyone, love hurts."

Poppy swats him on the shoulder.

"Owe, see?" he grins at her and winks.

Poppy rolls her eyes and hears Lilly giggle at them.

Lilly starts to wonder who will be next to fall: Jimin, Taehyung, or the International Playboy?

Authors Note: find out in the next story. Will Jimin get his wish and be next? Will it be Tae or the self proclaimed International Playboy Jungkook?