I Still Love Him

Shocked, Taehyung says, "What!? How come you never told me?"

You tell him, "My sisters and parents knew, but I didn't want it to get back to Yoongi. I didn't want his pity. I already had his hate."

Taehyung takes you into a comforting embrace, "You could have told me. I would've kept your secret from him." You pull away and look at him. "I was too scared to take that chance. I'm so sorry, Taetae."

He shrugs and says, "It's okay. I forgive you." Taehyung asks, "What did the doctors do?"

You twirl your feet in the cool water, then say, "They removed it, and thankfully, it wasn't cancer. It took me a year to recover, so my family told everyone I was out of the country for a photography assignment."

His eyes are misty. He says, "Are you better now?" He takes your hand, waiting for your answer.

"I've not had any more seizures, and everything is good." He leans close with his arm around your shoulders, and you rest your head back. He gently kisses the top of your head. "I'm so happy you are better. I have missed you."

You sat there, comforted by Tae's sweetness, when you both heard voices. You turned to look towards the house and saw the others coming out.

Namjoon, Jimin, Jungkook, and Yoongi head towards the fire pit, and Jungkook starts the fire. Jin and Dani followed with trays of drinks and snacks.

Yoongi notices Tae sitting next to you with his arm around you. He scowls and makes Jimin switch seats with him so he doesn't have to see you with Taehyung.

You continue speaking to Tae in a softer voice, hoping it won't carry to them as you watch Yoongi and Jimin change seats.

"He went on with his life, becoming an Idol with the rest of you, and here I am." You give a teary laugh. "A world-renowned photographer."

You look away sadly out over the lake and then back at Tae. "Tae, I still love him."  

Tae starts to speak and you both fall silent when you hear Jimin approaching.

You wipe away a tear, and Jimin asks, "You want to join us around the fire pit?"

Then you hear Yoongi call out, "Jimin, I told you to get Tae." Jimin looks at you with sad eyes.

"It's ok, Jimin. I need to go in anyway. I need some sleep." With a teary smile, you stand and grab your shoes.

Tae stands and hugs you, "Night Poppy. I'm sorry he is acting like this." Still held in his hug, you place a kiss on his cheek and lean your head against his to whisper in his ear, "I think coming here was a mistake."

He hears a soft intake of breath and feels a teardrop fall on his skin just inside his collar. Before he can respond you suddenly let go to head to the house.

Jimin quickly reached out to you, taking hold of your hand. "I'm sorry, Noona."

You stop and look at Jimin. You try to speak, but only a strangled sob escapes. You quickly hug him and then walk away.

You try to make it past the fire pit without breaking down. Taking a deep breath, you collect yourself enough to fake a smile and calmly say, "Good night, everyone," as you hurriedly walk past. You head straight to the house, trying not to break into a run.

You hear Yoongi raise his voice to something Jimin said, "Shut up, Jimin!" You can hear Tae and Jimin arguing with him as you near the house.

The closer you got to the house, their voices were fading, but you clearly heard Jin shout, "STOB IT!" and the arguing stopped.

You were unaware that Dani had gotten up and was trying to catch up, so you went directly to your room and closed the door before she could reach you.

You slide down the door and let your tears freely fall. Dani can hear you crying, and she knocks softly. " Unnie, do you want to talk?"

You don't reply. You can't as you rest your head on your knees crying.

She says, "If you don't want to talk to me, at least call Lill or Ailie."

Still no reply. Dani heads to her room, sad that you're upset. She texts Jin,

Dani - Nom-nom

WWH - Yes WWB

Dani - she is crying, and she won't talk to me

WWH - I can try a dad joke to get her to laugh. It may cheer her up

Dani - He really hurt her. I don't think Lill's plan is going to work

WWH - are YOU ok?

Dani - no, not really. I need snuggles

WWH - I'm already on my way

Jin glares at Yoongi. After saying good night to the others he heads to comfort his World Wide Beautiful.

Author's Note: Nom-nom is a term used in gaming for the sound made while eating something that is yummy or delicious.