UGH! A Guy Can't Get Any

Jungkook carries up a dinner tray for Namjoon. He knocks on his door, "Hyung? It's Kooki, I have dinner for you."

Namjoon opens the door, looking worn out and depressed. He holds the door open for Jungkook to come through. Jungkook sets the tray on the table and turns to him.

"Hyung, please come and eat."

Namjoon sits down to eat and Jungkook sits with him, after watching Namjoon push his food around on his plate.

Jungkook says, "You need to eat, please. She will be ok."

Namjoon tries eating a few bites, then starts talking. Kooki sits quietly and listens.

"I have found someone to love, and Kook," he looks at Jungkook, "I have wanted to find someone to fall in love with, but after seeing how things were going for the others, I had decided I didn't want to fall in love."

Jungkook nods and lets his Hyung continue, "But then I met Nabi, and my heart just fell, and now I believe I have found the one I want to spend the rest of my life with."

He shakes his head, "Now that I found her, she doesn't want me."

To give his hyung hope, Jungkook says, "She must love you. I have seen the way she looks at you. I mean, I don't know that much about love, but I have seen how Hobi looks at Lilly and Yoongi at Poppy, and then there is Jin and Dani."

"Then why does she say she doesn't want to see me?" Cries Namjoon.

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe you should try talking with Taehyung. I think he knows or even talks to Poppy. I think she must have told at least one of them why."

Namjoon seems to be thinking, then he says, "I guess you're right."

Jungkook stands up. "Do you want me to ask one of them up?"

He says, "No, I will talk to one of them. Thanks for bringing up dinner. By the way, is Poppy still up?"

Jungkook smiles. "Yes, she and Yoongi are on the deck."

Namjoon eats a few more bites and then gets up to go outside. Jungkook hands him a roll and says, "Eat this on your way down. You haven't eaten much." Jungkook takes the tray back down

Namjoon walks out on the deck and sees Poppy in Yoongi's arms as they watch the stars. Namjoon politely approaches and says, "Excuse me."

They both look at him, and Yoongi scowls, "What do you want?"

Poppy swats his shoulder. "Yoongi, behave."

He says, "I was trying hard NOT to till he showed up."

She laughs at him and then asks Namjoon, "What is it, Jooni?"

He steps closer, "I'm sorry for interrupting, but can I please speak with you, Noona?"

She moves out of Yoongi's arms and stands. "Sure."

Yoongi rolls his eyes and mutters, "Ugh, a guy can't get any . . ."

She turns to swat him again, then kisses him. "See you in a little bit."

He kisses her back, "I'll be waiting for you." He winks, and Poppy smiles at him, then winks back.

Poppy walks with Namjoon along the pier. "Poppy, I'm so sorry about what happened. It's all my fault. I should have protected her."

Poppy puts her hand on his arm and says, "Stop, Jooni. You did nothing wrong. You saved her and both the girls. Please don't feel you let her or any of us down."

They walk a little further in silence, and once they reach the end of the pier, they sit on the bench. Namjoon looks out across the lake.

She hears him sniff and wipe his face. "Look at me, Jooni."

He turns to face her, "She loves you."

His face shows surprise. "But then, why does she not want to see me?"

Poppy's face is saddened as she can hear Namjoon's heart breaking. "She doesn't want to see you because she is ashamed of how she looks."

Shocked, he says, "What!?"

"She is ashamed of how her body looks. She is afraid that once you see her, you will be revolted by her body and not want her anymore."

"How can she think that I would be revolted? I don't understand?" He is upset and confused.

Poppy answers him, "I have seen her body after the surgery. It is not for the faint of heart."

He jumps up and paces in front of Poppy. "I don't care what her body looks like! I'm in love with Nabi, not her body!" He stops, looking out across the lake as the moon paints its luminescence glow on the still water. He takes solace from the moon and calms down, returning to sit beside Poppy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go off like that."

He shakes his head as Poppy continues, "She feels ugly and disfigured. The doctor said it would take a few months for some of the scars to start to look better but a year or more before any major improvement. The doctor thinks that she will have to have reconstructive surgery to loosen some of the scars as she heals so she can have mobility of her neck and shoulder."

Namjoon drops his head and cries, "Oh my god, I didn't know it would be that bad for her."

Poppy puts her arm around his shoulder, and Namjoon says through his tears. "I, I love her."

She sighed and embraced him. "I know, Jooni. I think you should go see her tomorrow."

He raises his head, wiping his tears, "Will she even let me in?"

Noticing a flicker of hope, Poppy gets a mischievous gleam in her eyes and says, "I think you should just go in, I mean it isn't like she can get up and walk away from you."

He looks thoughtful, then says, "Okay, I'll do it."

She says "We can go early in the morning before the others head up to see her."

They both stand and start to walk back to the house and he says, "Thank you Poppy."

She hugs him and holds onto his arm as they enter the house.