Be A Rock, No Heart, No Feelings

Later that day, you came down into the rec room and asked, "Anyone want to go for a ride?" Yoongi got up, and you almost panicked, thinking he wanted to go, but he walked right past you and coldly said, "No."

Namjoon tells you, "Thanks, but I'm right in the middle of a book I just can't put down." Jin kisses Dani, "As much as I love cooking with you, I would like at least one ride in the car."

She smiles at him. "I'm going to start working on dinner while you guys are out of my way." she laughs and swats Jin on the bottom.

"Hey, stob it." He leans in close, grinning, and says, "Later." Dani bursts out laughing as she heads into the kitchen.

While they are out riding around, Dani is preparing dinner, and Yoongi comes into the kitchen to help. Dani looks at him, "You're pretty quiet today, more than usual. Are you doing okay?"

He ignores her question and asks one of his own. "How do you want me to cut these vegetables?"

She says, "Chunky. But cut the carrots into fine, short strips. But could you prep the shrimp for me first, though?"

"Yeah, sure." He grabs the strainer of shrimp, and she says, "Thanks for helping me, Yoongi," as she cuts up and seasons the meat for the main dish. Yoongi just nods his head.

Dani takes a sigh of courage and asks, "You never answered my question, Yoongi

Dani takes a sigh of courage and asks, "You never answered my question, Yoongi. Are you Okay?"

He responds, "Yeah, I'm fine."

He doesn't look at her as he finishes prepping the shrimp and moves on to chop the vegetables. He is wielding the knife like an expert, and Dani is impressed with his skills, "Can I ask you something, Yoongi?"

He says, "You just did." Before she can say anything else, he stops and turns to face her, sounding annoyed. "What?"

She puts the knife down and looks at him as she moves the meat over to the stove, "I've noticed the tension between you and Poppy, and I was . . ."

Suga cuts her off in a cold, stern voice, "Stay out of it, Dani."

"But I just wondered if . . ." he interrupts her.

Frustrated, he raises his voice and says, "Just don't! It's none of your business!"

She continues, "I was just . . ."

He cuts her off, "When hell freezes over, alright!? That's when we'll get back together!" Turning back to face him, she stands there in shock at his outburst.

He slams the knife down on the counter angrily and yells, "Dammit!" then walks out of the house, tossing his apron on the table.

Now alone in the kitchen, Dani says, "Geesh, I was just going to ask if you could be more polite to her while she's here." She shrugs her shoulders and continues making dinner.

Yoongi storms out, muttering as he heads towards one of the many trails around the lake. "God, dammit, Dani!"

He has been fighting his feelings over you being here, and he feels he is losing and he won't have it, not again! Love hurts too damn much.

He mumbles out loud, "Just be a rock, no heart, no feelings. Just be a rock, be a rock." He takes a deep breath and then releases it, "Just a rock." He walks, trying to rebuild the wall around his heart and rebury his feelings.

Halfway around the lake, he collapses to his knees, crying. He lifts his face to the sky, sunlight making his tears shine as they roll down his cheeks. "Why, Love, why?" He shakes his head, angry at himself for calling you 'Love.' He swears to the sun and sky above, crying out, "No, NO, not again, I can't, I won't love her!"

' He swears to the sun and sky above, crying out, "No, NO, not again, I can't, I won't love her!"

He hangs his head, silently crying as fear, need, love, and regret break free from his heart. "I, I have missed you so much." His hand covers his mouth as he tries to keep it all in where he feels it belongs.

Raising to his feet, he yells at the sky, "Dammit, I hate YOU!" he wipes his eyes and starts walking, chanting, "Be a rock, I hate you, be a rock, be a rock. No feelings, be a rock." He is trying to rebuild the wall around his heart.

Hating her is the only way it doesn't hurt. That is how he has been able to cope all these years. Yoongi's battle against love is failing and it scares the shit out of him.