36. Too Much

J O S H 

As much as I love being around Ryder, I am trying to keep my distance. I am just glad my Kit Kat is here with me. "I'm telling you Josh just be careful." I sigh as I lay back on the guest bed, or I should say my bed because I have closed myself off in this room since what he said to Johnny. He has snuck in here in the middle of the night and laid next to me. I pretended to be asleep, so I didn't have to deal with the turmoil that is swimming inside my head. It's all too much and I don't know what to do.

 "It's too late Kat, I fucking love him. I knew it was doomed from the moment I kissed him, but I can't stay away." She jumps next to me and lands by my side.

"If he hurts you, I will chop off his balls and feed them to him." I grimace as I feel like it is happening to me. I turn to look at her and scrunch my face up in disgust. 

"Never say that to me ever again. I'm a man and it hurts just imagining it."

"Big baby." She sticks her tongue out at me and lightly shove her. "Seriously Josh, anybody that is not blind can see the way he looks at you. He might be confused and acts the way he does. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"No matter what I'm going to get hurt Kat. Just how much am I am willing to endure until I shatter to pieces."

She jumps off the bed and pulls on my arms. "None of this morbid talk." She waves a hand dismissively. We have two hours until we need to get ready for the wedding. It is time to make you smile again." She grabs her phone, and her fingers move so fast on the damn thing I do not know how she does it.

"I've got a figure like a pin-up. Got a figure like a doll. Don't care if you think I'm dumb. I don't care at all." She grabs my hands and starts dancing with me and I can't help but laugh. "Candy bear, sweetie pie. I wanna be adored. I'm the girl you'd die for." Bet your ass I would. "I'll chew you up and I'll spit you out. 'Cause that's what young love is all about. So pull me closer and kiss me hard. I'm gonna pop your bubblegum heart." I kiss her cheek hard. The song goes on as we spin each other around in the room and sing to hearts content. Even if we sing off key, I don't give a shit. This woman is everything to me and she knows how to lighten my spirits. "Oh, the next part is yours Joshy Pooh."

"Oh, "Dear diary", I met a boy." I fan myself as I think of Ryder. Damn man gets my heart pumping every time. "He made my doll heart light up with joy. Oh, "Dear diary, we fell apart. Welcome to the life of Electra Heart." I don't notice Kat waving her hands with wide eyes until I whip around, and the music dies as Ryder and Johnny stand in the doorway. Fuck! Kill me now. I am done for. Johnny has an amused look on his face, but Ryder shows no emotion whatsoever.

"If you are done playing around, we need to get ready. Chris wants me there early." With that he turns on his heel and leaves. I let out a sigh as Johnny walks into the room and pats me on the shoulder. "He's just sour because you have been ignoring him. Don't give up on him. I think you are exactly what he needs."  Then he walks over to Kat and holds out his hand. "C'mon love let's get ready." She blushes as she takes his hand and walks towards the door, turning back to look at me. "I'll be back soon." I just nod my head as they walk out and shut my door behind me. 

I walk to the closet and grab my suit, put it on the bed and head into the bathroom. I turn on the water and let it warm up before I step in. Everything is weighing on me and I hate it. I take a deep breath trying to will myself not to cry.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I let out a squeal as I turn around and almost slip but strong arms grab ahold of me. "Wh-what?" I ask all flustered with his naked self-flushed with mine. "I said why are you ignoring me."