33. Tell Me

A/N: When you see this ****** that means POV has changed between Ryder and Josh. This chapter is going to be one of the longest I have written. Also, the POV changes so much I didn't want to keep posting Ryder or Josh each time. 😂Hope you enjoy the chapter. 🥰

<()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>()<()>

                                                                    R Y D E R   &   J O S H

One minute everything was fine and the next it all turns to shit. It's like I'm in a damn relationship all over again. I cannot go through that kind of crap that I did with her another time. I will go fucking insane. I want to punch the wall as I let water stream down my back. What the fuck did he mean by its better this way? Josh said it so softly, but I fucking heard him and yes it pissed me off. I scrub at my body but when my eyes close I see the tenderness in his face, the feel of his touch. I have never felt this way towards anyone before.

"Fuck!"

My eyes snap open and realization kicks in. He plans on fucking leaving. I know him and with all this shit going down he doesn't want anyone he cares about to get hurt. Fucking idiot! I berate myself as I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my waist. Yanking the door open and scanning the room, but he's not here.

"Son of a bitch."

Panic rises in me, and I waste no time getting dressed and dial River's number.

"What did you do now killer?" He chuckles and I want to smash his face in at the moment.

"What the fuck did you call me?"

"Ryder. What else would I call you besides asshole, dip shit, cunt?" He laughs some more, and I know there is no malice in his voice. I must be going crazy.

"Doesn't matter, Josh is gone."

"You'll find him quicker than you think. I put a tracker on his phone and yours too. Just in case you need rescuing yourself."

"Fuck you man!" I seethe but am grateful, nonetheless.

"Nah man I think you have that covered with Josh."

He laughs some more and hangs up. I would have questioned that last comment, but I do not have time to worry about that. That cunt is an ass but I would put up with all his shit because we've been through a lot of shit together.

I see that he hasn't moved from the spot and run across the street towards the park. I come to a halt when that fucker who use to be his bodyguard lips are attached to my Josh. Red is all I see as I clench my hands into fists. My body shakes with so much anger especially when I see my light trying to push him away. I snapped, I don't remember what happened after my fist collided with his face over and over again. I can hear something in the distance but not sure what it is anymore. He hurt Josh that's all I know, and I want to make him pay.

*********

Panic settles in me because my Cowboy isn't stopping and if he doesn't, he will kill Zach. As much as I don't care for his actions, I don't want to see him dead. So, when I see an opportunity, I take it and jump in between them. I close my eyes waiting for the hit as he is ready to throw his next punch. "Cowboy." I whisper but I do not feel anything and open my eyes and see the lost soul in front of me. He looks so dazed and not sure of himself. My hand starts shaking as I touch his face. "There you are." I give him a faint smile, but my attention is thrown back to Zach groaning on the ground. I go to check on him but feel Ryder's hand grip my wrist.