Aran x (female)Reader

Start from the beginning

"Mom said it was alright if I skipped today."

"Great, because I'm too tired to drive you to class," you sighed, splaying yourself on a chair. You thought to sleep for a few minutes, but your phone rang your attention. You answered with a heavy sigh.

A: Someone's in a bad mood.
Y: Aran, I swear I'm beating your ass for this.
A: What did I do?!

You drop the phone on the table, putting it on speaker. "Arata, say hi."

Ar: Hi, nii-san!
A: Arata?! Aren't you supposed to be at school?
Ar: Y/n couldn't drop me off, and Mom said I could skip today.
A: I guess it's okay. Sorry for the trouble, Y/n.
Y: You owe me, big time. I have better things to do than babysit all day.

"You still love me, Nee-san," he smirked. You flicked his forehead again for the attitude.

"Don't test my patience, Arata."

"Y/n, we need your help with something!"

You facepalm, mumbling about your coworker's incompetence.

Y: Aran, I have to go.
A: I can't stay much longer either. I'll see you later.
Y: No thanks.

You ruffle Arata's hair, leaving him to have fun with his brother.

"What's wrong now?"

"Guess."

"I'm going to friken disassemble the person who made such a shit ice cream machine."

***

After giving Arata your lunch, you return to the front, catering to the needs of students rushing in for food. Your smile was fading fast as you watched the growing line.

I don't get paid enough for this shit.

After thirty agonizing minutes of dealing with indecisive students, you felt like you had enough.

"Hi, Y/n."

You groaned immediately from hearing his voice. A few customers back, you saw Aran with a few of his friends you knew all too well. You shuffled through the orders to get to him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Coffee?"

You crossed your arm and told your coworker to bring him to Arata. Returning to the remaining boys, you punched in their regular orders.

"Anything else, gentlemen?"

"That will be all. Thank you, Y/n."

"You're welcome, boys."

When the rush ended, you went to the back before another person could question you.

"Hugs?"

"Not a word from you," you said, hugging the man who leaned against the table. "I'm so frickin tired. Why did you have to show up?"

"I did promise I would see you," he chuckled, patting your head.

"You owe me so damn much." You sighed, pushing yourself away, but his arms stayed locked around your waist. "Uhm, can I leave?"

Your eyes caught him intensely staring at you. "You good, Aran?"

He didn't reply immediately, focused on your nose, scrunched in confusion. When you tried your luck to move away, his hands held you tighter.

"Aran–"

"Can you be my girlfriend?"

"Out of the blue like that?!" you sputtered.

"Say yes, nee-san!"

"Hah!?"

"See? Even Arata wants an official nee-san."

"Don't encourage him!" You bite your lip, rummaging for reasons to say no. You found none. Aran was a gentleman, intelligent and athletic. Apart from his general constant happiness that countered yours–

There's nothing to dislike about him!

You groaned, plopping your face on his chest to hide your growing blush. His arms tighten around you, causing your own to hug him tighter.

"Is that a yes?"

"Next time you use Arata to coerce me, I'm putting salt in your coffee."

"Duly noted." He kissed the top of your head and fist-bumped his brother before leaving. You held back the urge to scream as you followed him out. His lunch break was almost over, and he wasn't that close to school. Standing on the other side of the counter, he looked at you, imposing in size.

Damn, this average height of mine!

"I'll see you after school?"

You nodded, avoiding his eyes. There was no way you'd handle looking at him after that confession. To your horror, he kissed your cheek before jogging after his friends, leaving you with the aftermath of his decision.

Your coworker patted your shoulder. And it didn't take a second longer for you to go out back. Arata followed you outside, wondering why you were crouched on the floor in despair.

"Nee-san?"

"I frickin hate Mondays."

Your face was exceedingly hot, and you couldn't form clear thoughts. Sure, he kissed your head earlier, but your hat had shielded most of the impact.

Feeling his lips on your cheek was another story. That kiss had sent your mind spinning with no way of recovery.