Chapter 58: Tacked Up

Yoongi.

Again. 

Your heart jumped in your throat as you accepted the call with shaky hands.

You just prayed that this time, he wouldn't hang up.

"O-oppa?"

You said it quietly, this time well aware that he was probably being watched.

But all you could hear through your phone speaker was heavy breathing.

He was panting. 

He sounded as if he was sucking in long, shuddering breaths that were desperately trying to escape him.

"Y/N...."

It was barely louder than a whisper, and his voice scratched as he forced himself to speak.

You didn't say anything back, waiting for him to continue. Your face had turned a pale white, your skin suddenly clammy and cold. 

"P-please find me... trace the phone... I can't-"

He stopped abruptly, but didn't hang up. 

He stopped panting, and for a moment, it was deathly silent.

Then you heard sound.

It began suddenly, and it sounded as if he were fumbling with something.

Groaning, he started speaking again, this time rushed, impatient. He was in pain.

"I... I know you're Blackrose, Y/N."

What?

How...

How did he find out?

How did he know? 

How long has he known?

You bit your lip, still not replying.

But Yoongi suddenly seemed afraid, and his change in tone told you as much as he cursed over the phone.

"Just- just come! Now--" another grimace before, "-- crap, he's coming- Y/N help-"

And just like that, he was gone.

Your phone nearly slipped from your hands, and your eyes were wide open, bloodshot.

And for the first time since Hyerin was killed, a salty, despair-filled drop of warm liquid escaped your eye.

You were scared. 

Scared for him.

Sorry.

Sorry for not being able to protect him.

Protect him, Y/N.

Right.

Protect him.

You need to protect him!

"P-please find me- trace the phone..."

All of a sudden, your body kicked into action. You ran back over to the boys, grabbing your purse that was sitting on the picnic rug.

Namjoon frowned and grabbed your wrist, stopping you from leaving. "Wait- where are you going?"

Then Taehyung. "Are- are you.... crying?" 

No one had seen you cry except Taehyung. But even he knew you never cried. 

Unless someone you loved had... died. 

You quickly wiped the tear off your cheek, sniffing before gently removing Namjoon's hand from your wrist. 

"Yoongi oppa..." Your voice was quiet, solemn. Their eyes widened, and Jin jumped to his feet.