Chapter 4: Gone

That night, you were once again reminded of how much the boys meant to you. Movies, games, Jin's delicious cooking and deep conversations. Just spending quality time together was enough for you. They made you feel at home, and you just wanted to live in this moment forever.

If only it could last forever.

But of course, like everything in life, nothing was permanent.

After you had gotten yourself back into the mafia world, every day was uncertain.

Things would change. And no matter how much you wanted some things to last, they never did.

But whenever you had these moments, just you and your family, you would try to make them last.

For as long as you could. Even if you knew they could be ruined in a matter of minutes.

There you lay, curled up in Jin's arms as you watched a movie.

Jimin and Taehyung were cuddled up on one couch, Hoseok and Jungkook on another.

Nayeon lay on a mattress on the ground, next to Namjoon and Yoongi, who were both asleep.

But, like always, your moment was ruined.

Your phone began to buzz in your pocket.

No. 

No, not now. Please not now.

You quietly took your phone out of your pocket, and when you saw who was calling, you gently nudged a protesting Jin with your elbow, and, after insisting it was important, you escaped from his embrace. 

You quietly went into the kitchen, shivering slightly, already missing Jin's warmth.

You pressed the phone to your ear.

"Lisa, what is it now? I did tell you I'm busy tonight, didn't I?"

"No, unnie, it's urgent. There's been a breach of security over here. I think there's a mole."

You furrowed your eyebrows.

"What do you mean, 'breach of security'?! A mole?"

"There's missing files. Our security's tighter then ever, and only trusted personnel have access to that room, you know that. That's why I think there's a mole. Can you please just come quick unnie? I'm really sorry, but most people over here are freaking out!"

You sighed frustratedly.

"Ugh! Fine, I'll be over there soon. Give me-" You looked at your watch. "-20 minutes, max. I can only get out when everyone's asleep. I'll be there as soon as possible. Try and calm everyone down in the meantime."

"Okay, thanks unnie. I'll try and get it under control until you get there. Bye bye, Blackrose."

"Okay, bye Lisa. Oh, and send someone to pick me up as soon as possible."

"Okay. On it."

You hung up, cursing under your breath. A security breach? A mole? But who would do that? And exactly what files were taken?

Your mind was racing, and you were only praying that by "files" Lisa didn't mean all the information you had on your enemies.

Just as you thought you'd have a good sleep tonight, of course, something had to go wrong.

You crept back into the living room, glancing over the passed out figures splayed across the couches and mattresses. The movie had finished, and now all of the boys had passed out. Nayeon was gone, and you guessed she had retired upstairs.