Chapter 44: Not Again

After a busy weekend running back and forth between your warehouse and your home, it was finally Monday.

Rocking up to school, the campus seemed empty. 

You frowned, glancing at your watch. 

8:34am.

You weren't late. Not really.

This was the time most people were showing up to school anyway.

Was there something on this morning you weren't aware of?

"Is everyone inside already?"

You turned to Taehyung, who was standing beside you. Shrugging your shoulders, you replied, "I guess so. Let's go."

The two of you ventured inside, but when you looked around, there were no students wondering mindlessly through the halls like usual. You were puzzled, to say the least, but nonetheless, you continued on your journey to your homeroom. 

When you finally reached your homeroom door after a quick pitstop at the lockers, it was empty. Then Taehyung noticed a sticky note on the door. "All students are in the Main Hall for an assembly."

Right.

You had completely forgotten about that.

You groaned in annoyance, then grabbed Taehyung's wrist as you stomped towards the hall.

He scoffed, following you regardless. "Wow, someone's grumpy."

You gritted your teeth and spat, "Don't. Start."

Rolling his eyes, he shut up with a huff. 

And boy, weren't you grateful.

As you approached the hall, you began to hear the muttering of the students, who seemed to be waiting for the assembly to begin.

You stopped before the door and turned to Taehyung, putting a finger on your lips. "Now, we've got to sneak in before a teacher scolds us for being five freaking minutes late. So follow me."

But he grabbed your wrist. "No, let me go first. I'm a better sneaker than you."

He has no idea.

You snatched your wrist from his hand, then proceeded to ignore him and enter the back of the hall instead. You heard him faintly muttering nonsense behind you, frustrated by the fact you didn't listen to him.

The students were unaware of your presence, and, luckily for you, so were the teachers. 

You easily slipped into a chair at the back of the hall without anyone noticing. 

However, Taehyung wasn't so lucky. 

The one and only Mrs. Choi was hot on his tail.

And thank goodness she didn't see you.

You turned slightly in your chair to watch it unfold.

She grabbed Taehyung's wrist from behind, and you watched his face drop. He squinted his eyes tightly shut, wincing in advance for what he was about to face. 

Taehyung slowly turned around, meeting Mrs. Choi's furious gaze. She smiled evilly at him, then dragged him back out of the hall.

As he shuffled on reluctantly behind her, he turned to look at you once more. You begged him with your eyes to not dob you in, but he just rolled his eyes in return.

You took that as a sign that he wouldn't do you dirty after all. 

After all, you had made a truce with him when it came to things like this.