Chapter 42: Stutter

The very next day, you rose early in the morning and made you way over to your  warehouse.

Once more, you were back in the domain you controlled.

You strode through the corridors like the queen you were.

Whenever someone laid their eyes on you, they immediately bent forward in respect, not daring to look you in the eye. 

Your footsteps ricocheted on the marble floors, instantly silencing everything in your wake.

Once again, you were Blackrose.

The Blackrose.

And you were on a mission.

You finally reached the meeting room door, placing your finger on the fingerprint reader before there was a small beep and the door opened with a click.

Stepping inside, your eyes fell upon Blackpink, who were sitting at the large desk in the centre of the room, talking quietly amongst themselves.

As soon as their eyes fell upon you, they rose to their feet, bowing their heads as you nodded at them.

"Hi girls, surprise surprise. Now, let's not waste time and get straight into it. What have we got?"

Jisoo stood up, walking towards the large screen at the back of the room. She spoke.

"Well, for starters... I was reviewing that photo I took of the monitor..."

She pulled it up on the screen and zoomed in.

"... and.... who does everyone think this is? Do we still think it's Sunghoon?"

All five of you had your eyes riveted on the screen, peering closely at the fuzzy image.

If you were honest with yourself, you really couldn't quite distinguish who it was.

Yes, it looked like Sunghoon. A sharp jaw, thick eyebrows, big eyes.

But at the same time....

Aaarrrgghhhh! This is so annoying!!

You leant back in your chair, sighing in frustration.

"Yes- but also not really- oh I don't know!" You said, throwing your hands up in anger.

Why was everything SO COMPLICATED!

The girls looked at one another, then Jennie said, "I think it could be him... his name is the first thing I think of whenever I look at it... but that's just what my gut says. The more I look at it the more I convince myself it's not him..."

You grimaced and shook your head. "See, the more I look at it the more I think it's Sunghoon. But my gut is saying it's someone else."

"Who's your gut saying?" Rosie asked, turning to face you.

You shrugged your shoulders. "I don't know. I just have a weird feeling that maybe it isn't him. Except that it does look like him."

Lisa nodded. "It does."

Jisoo spoke up. "Okay, well what about for now we settle on the fact that OSH is Sunghoon, but keep looking out for other clues to his identity."

You nodded in agreement, running your fingers through your hair in a futile attempt to diminish your stress. "But who do you think it is, unnie? Do you think it's Sunghoon?"

Jisoo bit her lip in thought. "I do, but I'm a bit like you at the moment. A bit skeptical."

You looked down at the table. Then you were reminded of your texts with Namjoon.